big jon outter boards big jon outter boards big jon outter boards big jon outter boards
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

If you fish with two people or less you may find the otterboats to hard to use.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big boards

Fringe, the Otters will pull the Jets up to the 50's and will handle the new Tru trip 40's as well when pulling spoons and harnesse and will handle those cranks even when using inline weights also. The Offshore releases in yellow and black
    are the popular and easily found at most shops.

Gene

Post Thanks / Like

Wakina that makes me almost have to go to the inline boards then because I normal fish alone or with one maybe two others at best.

Btween thanks for the input as well ill have to look in my small box and see what number jets I have and pick up more eventually.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fringe
    If's it just you or one other person it is a lot easier to use the inlines
    I do have the offshore brand and if you are starting to consider buying inlines here is a link to the best prices I've seen [ever] for the offshores 21.99 and very reasonable shipping don't bother buying the tattle tale kit,I can show you how to modify the original flag that comes with it
    Also if you are running braid you will want to change out the front release for the black snapper release

http://www.franksgreatoutdoors.com/
    http://www.franksgreatoutdoors.com/s...rt-180455.html
    http://www.franksgreatoutdoors.com/s...rd-184242.html
    http://www.franksgreatoutdoors.com/s...307210118.html
    Captain Don M.
    B.G./Marblehead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe10 View Post
    Wakina that makes me almost have to go to the inline boards then because I normal fish alone or with one maybe two others at best.

Btween thanks for the input as well ill have to look in my small box and see what number jets I have and pick up more eventually.
    If you have two others besides yourself then it would be much better for running the otters, that is unless you have an auto pilot that actually works at trolling speed. It is a must that you keep your tow lines tight when using big boards and otters are just another form of big boards. You can set them ok with one person but you cannot net fish and steer at the same time while the only other person on the boat handles the rod. A cross wind or head wind raises heck with boat control if you are not actively steering the boat.

I use the church TX-22 boards and find that I can pull a 40 Tru-trip diver at 2.3 GPS speed while using spoons and certain harness's with no problems, regular jets pull even easier than the tru-trips. I can also attest to the fact that the TX-22 Church boards sit upright at rest making them easier to see should you happen to lose one for some reason or another. I started with the Church boards and stayed with them because they get the job done and are easy to remove while fishing by myself. Had I started with the Offshore boards I would have stayed with them as they are good boards also, so for the sake of not spending another $100.00 or more for 4 Offshore boards and the upgrade they each require I stayed with the Church boards, and I don't regret it at all. I have fished with Offshores with friends and found that there is very little difference between the two while actually fishing.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Well so ill have to pick up some inlines it sounds like because sense I've gotten the boat seems all my fishing buddy's say they want to go but don't show, ill be more by my self or one other. Ill hang onto the outters anyway and learn them still just in case, sense I do have them already.

The boat home now in the driveway for TLC before launch in a week or so.

Thanks guys ill be getting with ya soon

Post Thanks / Like

you guys have boats in yet ? im going to try and get in weekend of next