Bottom Bouncer Depth Chart? Bottom Bouncer Depth Chart? Bottom Bouncer Depth Chart? Bottom Bouncer Depth Chart?

Default Bottom Bouncer Depth Chart?

Does anyone have or have you heard of any type of chart for bottom bouncer depth.

Like: Certain speed + Certain weight = Certain depth?

Thanks!
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Typically 1 oz for every 10 f.o.w. is the rule of thumb, I don't put anything into the "line at a 45 degree angle" rule, straight down under the boat works most days. When I'm running multiple rods and trolling with the rods over the side of the boat no boards, I'll run 4oz at the front, 2 or 2.5oz in the middle and 1 or 1.5oz off the back corner. They won't tangle if you let them out with your thumb lightly on the spool. As soon as it touches bottom lock it right there if you want to be about 1 to 2 ft off bottom, crank it up 4 or 5 cranks if you want to be a few feet off bottom. If i'm running out of Lorain and fishing 60 f.o.w. I run 8oz up front,6oz in the middle and 4 oz off the back corner. I also run inline weights on one side and bouncers on the other as there are alot of days where the inlines out produce the bouncers. I have inlines up to 6 oz.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

That is a good starting point and an easy to remember rule of thumb. Thanks!
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Default bible for trolling

Quote Originally Posted by B can man View Post
    Does anyone have or have you heard of any type of chart for bottom bouncer depth.

Like: Certain speed + Certain weight = Certain depth?

Thanks!
    I have 2 trolling books and there is a section on inline weights. It breaks it down in weight, speed and line out. Mark Romanack is a trolling magician and a great writer. He has put out these "Precision Trolling" books , you have probably seen these. They are well worth the money. There is a line size chart also to convert to what you use on your boat.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Mark's book is a good one to have, but for inlines IMHO there is no correct dive chart as inlines are completely depth/speed/line size dependant along with trolling with/across/against the many currents out on Erie. It is very easy to find out the actual running depths for the day and once you get a feel for them, you have a pretty good idea on the lineouts to start with every day and go from there. Running harnesses, you get more lift out of a #7 or #8 blade than a #3 or #4 blade, Just don't put to much into thinking about it. Running 4 inlines and 2 bouncers, the bouncers go near bottom, run your 1oz inlines 25, 35, 50 and 65 back and let the fish tell you where they want it. Alot of the times the big girls hit a 1 oz inline at 10 back even in 50+ feet of water. You don't get as many bites but typically they are good ones. Those numbers ( unless your fishing 24ft and less I have starting numbers for that too) are a good starting point. Then you don't have to remember anything else. Just my experience.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.