Multiple dipsy divers Multiple dipsy divers Multiple dipsy divers Multiple dipsy divers
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Walnut creek

How do the Dipsy's work for you in the deeper water? I fish mostly out of Walnut and most of my fish come from downriggers. I need to find productive ways to put more lines in the water. I fish riggers mounted at the back streight out the back (2 rods). And Dipsy's out both sides for a total of 4 rods.

Quote Originally Posted by skinny5382 View Post
    How do the Dipsy's work for you in the deeper water? I fish mostly out of Walnut and most of my fish come from downriggers. I need to find productive ways to put more lines in the water. I fish riggers mounted at the back streight out the back (2 rods). And Dipsy's out both sides for a total of 4 rods.
    from what i understand alot of people use wire line on ther dipsy,s to get them down deeper. i never fish lake erie deeper than 60 ft so i just use braid.

another way to get deeper is switch to the lite bite slide divers, which is what i use. you can get bigger rings that help some. but you can also get weight kits which contains a 2 oz weight and a 4 oz weight. just use the big ring and the 4 oz weight. that will help get you alot deeper.

i dont use the slide part of the diver, i just tie to the trip arm then tie about a 6 to 8 ft leader to a split ring and lace it through the back of the diver. you dont even have to use the lite bite arm unless you just want to. but i like using it. then you can set the front trip arm alittle tight so you dont get alot of false releases. then set the lite bite arm as light as you want it. when im fishing erie we get alot of white perch. if you set the lite bite arm as loose as it will go and still hold the arm even the white perch will trigger the diver.
    sherman

Default Dipsey sizes

What is the best / most common size of dipseys for western basin walleye trolling? I have "0" but heard #1's were the best. What about the snubbers, line type, and dipsey color? I'm gearing up this winter for next summer and wondered what you guys may think. Thanks!!

Default #1's

I use size #1 dipseys. 8" snubbers with 20 pound mono leader about 5-6 ft long. I run the dipseys usually without the plastic ring. Colors dont make much difference to me. Dont think the fish care much but I dont use loud colors. I use 4 jet divers on each side also on the boards. Blue on one side and red on the other. Maybe try 2 diff colors of dipsey. One color on port and another color on starbd. I do this to help customers from getting mixed up. I also put blue tape around the rod handle to match the jet diver. If I run crankbaits on one side and jets on the other, I just remember which color is jets. Try to make the setup as easy as possible for customers to use. Check the diver chart for dipseys with or without ring and the line size on the reel. I use Power Pro 30 on all trolling gear.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Thanks Greg! Perfect answers to my questions!!

mag dipsys on a wire rod for deep action is a blast. i run 1 rigger 1 wire rod and 1 #1 dipsy on braid off each side of boat. the presentation should look like a V from the back of the boat. the deepest rod being closest to the stern and shallowest being closest to bow. tight lines

Dan...