What line and type of jig to use? What line and type of jig to use? What line and type of jig to use? What line and type of jig to use?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question What line and type of jig to use?

Hi everyone we are thinking of going jig fishing on lake Erie. We are wondering what type of line and jigs are best. If anyone can give us some information on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default different lines

Quote Originally Posted by javalin View Post
    Hi everyone we are thinking of going jig fishing on lake Erie. We are wondering what type of line and jigs are best. If anyone can give us some information on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    The last 2 seasons I've used Spiderwire EZ Braid. Held up very well, but alittle stiff. Great feel as the jig hops along and feel the tick. This year I am going to try Suffix 832 during jig season. Mid May I may go to Flourocarbon for casting. 8 lb Vanish has good feel as I had used it before. I keep both spools with me if I need to change. I am not sold on the nano fil and reports say the same. I wouldnt go more than 20lb test for braid. When jigging with braid I always add a 15 inch leader above the jig of 17 lb Vanish to prevent the jig from tangling.
    I always use Killer jigs, Period. 1/2, 3/4, 1oz. The 3/4 purple flash being what I use 80% of the time. Purple flash, black n purple, john deere green and some people like the blues.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]