In-line planer boards In-line planer boards In-line planer boards In-line planer boards
    furlough Guest

Default In-line planer boards

I started using Church's inilne boards last year. I run 6 lines total being 4 planer boards and 2 lines directly out the back. How do I reel them in without tangling up the lines?

Quote Originally Posted by furlough View Post
    I started using Church's inilne boards last year. I run 6 lines total being 4 planer boards and 2 lines directly out the back. How do I reel them in without tangling up the lines?
    In all reality it is much easier to show you than to explain! But here goes. I have one rod holder that allows me to move a rod to the center of the stern, it can be adjusted to any position, facing my stern I can point the rod straight out the back, left or right and I never use it to actually fish with. When a fish hits the line on an outside board that sides corner flat line is moved to the center rod holder clearing about 4 extra feet in the corner with the fish. I have another fisherman take the rod with the inside board and walk to the other side of the boat into the opposite corner. After the rods are positioned in this order I will turn the boat into the board that has the fish on and it will stall out and it can be retrieved into the back corner/side of the boat that has been cleared, once the board with the fish on it is almost close enough to be removed the person with the other board line can then move back to the original side and place that rod back in its holder, he is then free to net the fish after helping with the removal of the board on the rod with the fish. The hard part is learning how much to turn the boat and you can turn back the other way if you happen to turn to much. Try to turn just enough to stall out the boards.
    To check the bait or line for grass or change lures move the corner line to the center and then you can reel in the inside board with out incident this also works with landing a fish on the inside board, to bring in the outside board you can speed reel/burn it in by raising the rod tip high and reel in fast and all lines will/should clear. If need be you can also turn into the side you want to check and stall out those boards on that side allowing you to reel more into the side of the boat rather than the corner. This is the system that I use. It will take a little practice to get it right but it does work. It is alot easier than it sounds.
    Last edited by wakina; 03-18-2011 at 08:45 PM.

furlough Guest

Thumbs up

Thanks Wankia. That makes a lot of sense. You did a great job explaining it! Even a rookie like me understands what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by furlough View Post
    Thanks Wankia. That makes a lot of sense. You did a great job explaining it! Even a rookie like me understands what you are saying.

You are welcome!