fluorocarbon leader fluorocarbon leader fluorocarbon leader fluorocarbon leader

Default fluorocarbon leader

guys im new to trolling and need some advice on fluorocarbon leaders. i am in the process in making some of these and i dont know which type to buy.I am thinking Saeguar but not sure which type; Premier, blue label, invizx? also what lb test would you recommend for the western basin?

thanks

HEY JEFF I RUN 30 lb FIRE LINE TO MY DIPPSEYS OFF THE BACK OF THE DIPPSEYS I RUN 20 LB BERKLEY VANISH FLOROCARBON SNAP SWIVLES ON BOTH ENDS ,DUE TO STEELHEAD HOOKUPS I HAVE HAD THEM THEM BREAK OFF WHEN USEING 14LB THE MAIN THING FOR ME IS KEEP YOUR DRAG LOOSE ENOUGH NOT TO SNAP YOUR LINE ON BIG RUNS, SNAGS, WHATEVER MAYBE
    AND WATCH THE GUYS YOU FISH WITH THAT THEY DONT TIGHTEN UP YOUR DRAG AND DONT LET THEM SET THE HOOK 9 TIMES OUT OF 10 I FIND THAT THE FISH ARE HOOKED UP FROM THE HIT BUT KEEP DIRECT PRESSURE ON THE FISH WITH THE ROD NO SLACK.

I ALSO USE THIS ON THE BACK OF MY STEEL LINE. ALL ABOUT 6-8' LONG

100's OF EYES AND THIS WORKS FOR ME.
    BURNIN DAYLIGHT

Jason thanks for the information, Is there an advantage to tying the fluorocardon direct to the lure?

And what about if you have a deep diving lure on and you are not using a dipsey. do you still use fluorocarbon tied to your 30lb braid?

Hey jeff if i am going to a crank bait directly i use a #8 eagle claw
    lazer power swivle rated for 50lb they are tiny there is no snap on it i tie fire line to one side then tie the florocarbon to the other end still about 6'-8' then a double lock snap at the other end and connect to the crank so that i can change the lure quick.

If you are going to a spinner or spoon then insted of the snap i would hook up a swivle and connect to that .

Good luck!
    BURNIN DAYLIGHT

if your not running dipseys I would run mono for flatlining, gives you some strech so your not ripping some mouths, you can run braid if you have some good reels with good drag on them.

when your trolling your going to be switching out lures a lot so it makes no sense to tie direct. I use norman speed snaps. If you use clear mono theres no point to use flouro leader just more knots to worry about breaking.

seaguar sells leader material and is supposed to be better than just using regular flouro line, I would go with 15 pound

I have used vanish on my bass rod and never liked it

well tonight i was tieing leaders with berkley vanish 20# and im not sure what is going on but 4 out of 12 leaders snaped at the knot i stoped at 12 because i never had this problem prior although i was useing 25# floro cant risk it . let me know if you have had this problem ,and how did you fix the issue im pretty sure that i will scrap this line that i use to swear by and switch now i ask what line do you perfer

thank you
    BURNIN DAYLIGHT