Jet Diver 10-20-2-30 Jet Diver 10-20-2-30 Jet Diver 10-20-2-30 Jet Diver 10-20-2-30
    ChasinWalleye Guest

Default Jet Diver 10-20-2-30

I have never used these before and i would like to get some information on the set up techniques. line lb size double rigging ect. or advantages vs disadvantages

Thanks, ChasinWalleye........John

Default For what it's worth

I have used divers for the last two years up at pelee island. A charter boat captain turned me onto them one time during a trip to Cabellas. Anyway, we run 12 lb mono on a 8' trolling rod and reels with line counters. The amount of line you let out will depend on how deep the fish are. My understanding is that the diver will dive to its maximum depth with a 150 ft of line out. Cranking in 25' of line will raise the diver between 3-4 ft. I attach the diver to the line with a snap swivel. The michigan stinger is attached to the diver using 25 lb flourocarbon (about 5 ft.). Drop them over board, troll at about 1.2-1.7 mph and let out the desired amount of line to get to depth. When things have slowed down in June and July, and other methods are failing, the jet diver/michigan stinger method has produced good fish. It has even landed us quite a few good smallies. Hope this has helped. I am in no way an expert on this. Maybe some of the other guys can help out. Good Luck!

P.S.
    Use the divers that have rattles in them. Also, the purple seems to work better than any others.

SwampRats Guest

Default Jets

I like the 20 Jet the best at 175 ft back, 10's are nice as well but pulling in those 30 Jets can get old quick but they do all work. I like to get clear ones as you can fish them with any color lure/wormharness you want, swap off lures without changing the jet and they blend in the water. Clear dispseys are nice to and if your looking to get that 30 foot or more depth.