Autopilot Help Autopilot Help Autopilot Help Autopilot Help

Thread: Autopilot Help

Default Autopilot Help

I'm looking to buy an autopilot system for my 2009 Seaswirl Stryper 2101. 200HP Yamaha OB w/Hydraulic Steering. I want the right system & I want it installed properly. I have the Lowrance HDS 7 GPS & love it. I've looked at a few, but honestly, I'm pretty confused with the whole subject.

I was looking at the Raymarine S1000. The price seems right, but the reports are that it doesn't perform at slow trolling speeds of less than 1.5.

I dock at Beaver North and don't have a trailer with my rig, so hauling it somewhere to have autopilot installed is out.

Seems like everyone I talk to either doesn't know, or doesn't want to mess with it. Dropping 2k-3k on the right autopilot system doesn't scare me, but I need some help.

Anybody?

Default Auto pilot

we have a raymarine sport pilot plus that was just installed on our 2600 striper but its a I/O. Also had one of these on a four winns 30' I/O and they work great for trolling eyes, 1.5 to 2.2 slow speed or in 3-4 ft. seas nice to have, just noisy though. It was installed at anchor marine in erie PA. certified installer
    good luck with yours

Default Auto pilot

Thanks Prime Time. Just talked to a guy in Vermilion yesterday, and that's very unit he recommended. Says he has installed over 30 of them with no problems reported. Thanks for the help. I think I have a better idea now what to purchase.

CMW524