Help me get a new Fish finder Help me get a new Fish finder Help me get a new Fish finder Help me get a new Fish finder
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    mrnewbie Guest

Default Help me get a new Fish finder

I was watching a fishing show on tv a while ago...Ben Winklemans or a similar show..

they had a special on Walleye fishing..good show..

At any rate...they could look on the fish finder and see the lure going down ...placing it right in front of the fish...then jigging it..

This amazed me...I can see the fish (sort of) ..but see the lure and putting it right in front of the fish...not with my old hummingbird..no way

At any rate..I want that kinda resolution

I fish with my dad he's (79)...his eyes are going...I'm tired of hearing..."you see any fish on the screen" ..he can't see it

would be cool if I could hook up an external display as well..and put it on his side of the boat right in front of him..

I have a 14" color LCD display(it may be plasma)...that came out of a video game machine which accepts an Svideo signal..

So I want a good fishfinder...with some type of video out(if its do-able)..for external screen...

Help...

Catabwa Paul Guest

Wink fish finder reply

In order to "see" the lure going down, you have to have a good quality finder. Also important if jigging, you must just about be stationary over the fish, otherwise your jig will move out of the cone of sound the finder is sending out. So, if you are drifting, you will not have the lure under the boat and will not see it. If trolling with downriggers, you will see the rigger weight tracking across the screen and can set it at the level of the fish. Look for a finder with 6 inches or better resolution. I have a Lowrance LCX model and it is very good with a good sized 8 inch screen and can see the lures under the right conditions. Lastly, you can have two displays you can have both read off one transducer and have one placed close to your father so he will not have to ask if you see fish all the time. Remember, fish finders only show what is under your boat and then only that which is in the cone of sound. In say 30ft of water you may only have a 6-8ft circle of sound on the bottom,at 10-15 ft in that water you may be in the 2-3 ft sound cone so the fish must be in it to be seen. Better to move slowly and track them at their depths then drift with your lures at that depth. You will not see the fish you catch but you will know they are there.

toxic Guest

Default Go Lowrance!

What's up with this stupid advertising????

Have you checked out any Lowrance products? I own an older model LMS332C. It's younger brother model LMS520C replaced it. I've owned both hummingbird and Lowrance and I swear by Lowrance products. The thing I like most about them you can go to their website and download a emulator and you can play with your fishfinder/gps on your home PC. They also have an download that after you save your trip data on a card, you can transfer that file to your PC as well.

toxic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wajiguqu0223 View Post
    The otherwise dark my son and I were preparation and he spilled figure dozen raw foodstuff all over the construction - I looked at him and said, "Oh sh!t." There are rightful those nowadays when much a speech is aright:By the way, when Jay aoc gold cut and affixed that Jake Eavesdropper ABC leger declare he decisive to bend us from having to interpret the crush paragraph.
    Your an idiot! This is a fishing site.

Huoliuhi Guest

Arrow nothing

I'm going to bump the tread up.-----------------------------------------Wow Gold Store Welcome you! whether you are looking for Cheap WoW Gold,cheap wow power leveling,ffxi gil,eq2 plat or any other game currency or accounts, We provide Cheap WoW Gold , World of warcraft Power Leveling, Cheap WoW Gold..