I've tested this new toy this winter with the hard water fishing and inside the hot water discharge at Belanger Park in the city of River Rouge.. I don't think I can fish without it..

The Battery takes a few hours to charge and lasts 6 hours in freezing weather.. The screen is B/W with a few controls for contrast and brightness. The camera itself is shaped like a large and fat bluegill. It doesnt spook any of the fishes, unless you hit one on the head. The cool thing is that there are LEDs that you can control the intensity of the brightness. The cord is pretty strong.. rated at 200lbs test.. The entire unit can fit inside a standard 5 gallon bucket and is pretty easy to set up..

Calm water is most preferred when using this device, rough water will cause the camera to spin freely.. The added weight that comes with the kit is great for moving water. The fins on the unit will always point the camera into the flow of water..

I like this better than the sonars because you can actually see what kind of fish is down there, and not have to guess.. You can also set the camera on the bottom of the of the river and see the fish take the bait.. Makes perch fishing so much easier.. This is probably the best buy I've gotten so far for electronics for fishing.. $299.99 at Gander Mountain.. The only thing I wish was I should have gotten the AquaVu 7 ($499.99 with 4 cameras) instead of the 5.

Overall:

5 Stars for the cool factor
3 Stars for ease of use
3 Stars for Price
5 Stars for making fishing easier