2001 Proline 23 WA 2001 Proline 23 WA 2001 Proline 23 WA 2001 Proline 23 WA
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2001 Proline 23 WA

Hey guys, any body got opinions on 2001 Prolines? Only reports online I found were from saltwater folks who say not great offshore. Not sure how that correalates to Great Lakes. Will use for trolling and family on both lakes. Thanks in advance for input
    Matt

You might want to ask your question on the Lake Ontario United site (Lou site) maybe someone there might have one.

It depends.........they are not a bad boat for the money......certainly therr are better boats. A lot depends on what you can afford, and justifying the expense.

Saltwater guys are very opinionated and if it's not a contender or a yellowfin then they all suck......lol.

Proline is a mid tier boat.......not the best, but certainly not the worst by any means. I never heard of any structural problems with their product.......fit and finish is mid tier, and they are an established company who mass produced boats. I would put them in a similar class as a Wellcraft or a Striper......certainly not bad boats, and I've owned a Wellcraft 23, and it was very good to me.

Take a look at the dead rise of the hull, prolines use anything from a 19 to 24 degree depending on model. 19 or 20 will troll and drift nice but might beat you up in waves......just don't drive like an idiot and you will be fine. Higher dread rise like 23 or 24 will cut waves better but will rock and roll more noticeably when at rest or trolling slow.

Also.......get a survey......it's cheap insurance on your investment so you know the boat is in sound condition, especially in areas you can't "see"
    Grady White 265 Express

We have an older 28' proline offshore walk around. Ours is an 88. It's almost 11 ft wide, I love it. Lots of room, tall cuddy, I'm 6'4" and can stand upright in it. Deep wide walk around. Not sure how similar the newer models truly are to mine and there us a small size differamce. But we have been in 8s and 10s and never felt unsafe

Well ended up with a 2001 trophy 2052! Got to hook up new electronic s down riggers and rod holders this weekend , maiden voyage hopefully next week, can't wait to get out there and be a more active member here, prof ask slot of newbie questions so apologies in advance. Good luck all

She floats! Maiden voyage went well, docking was a little different from 18 ft aluminum had 6 years ago though. I was the guy people laugh at,4 attempts before setting lines oh well. Plan on fishing next weekend good luck all

Default trophy boat

Quote Originally Posted by WEEKENDWALLY View Post
    She floats! Maiden voyage went well, docking was a little different from 18 ft aluminum had 6 years ago though. I was the guy people laugh at,4 attempts before setting lines oh well. Plan on fishing next weekend good luck all
    I have the 1998 2052 bayliner trophy. I bought it brand new back in 98. The boat has been a great boat. It's all rigged for trolling for walleyes. If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.More than willing to help out another fisherman.
    glowgetter

23 foot trophy

AH 2052 trophy, I just bought one. do you have a problem with the fish boxes filling with water? if so, fix?

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by glowgetter View Post
    I have the 1998 2052 bayliner trophy. I bought it brand new back in 98. The boat has been a great boat. It's all rigged for trolling for walleyes. If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.More than willing to help out another fisherman.

On my boat there is no fill up for the fish boxes on either side of the dog house. There are pumps to drain them .Switch is on the dash. I put a wash down system on the boat, it didn't come from the factory like that. And use that to fill them if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHanded View Post
    AH 2052 trophy, I just bought one. do you have a problem with the fish boxes filling with water? if so, fix?

Jack
    They all do it... and I didn't know of any fix. I think the water sort of "wicks" around the lid lip and winds up in the fishwells....... I thought about removing the lid and shortening the lip to see if that helped, but I never did.... traded in the 2052 last year.