Favorite walleye lures Favorite walleye lures Favorite walleye lures Favorite walleye lures

Default Favorite walleye lures

So reading the harness components and have been thinking about getting some new lures to try. I have a good mix except for reef runners and am starting to get the itch with no safe ice yet so looking to buy some new lures to try.

What are some go to lures and color that everyone uses and did good on last year?
    Thanks

Fishkiller harnesses and Bay Rat sticks is what took our fish last season. Colors varied. Depth, speed, and presentation over color.

RAPALA! Many sizes, colors, weights & styles. There is a reason they have been around for so long: they still bring alot of fish to the boat! I have caught more fish on the "shad-rap" than any other stick. Classic silver, or gold, with black in clear water. Perch or bright colors in stained water.

When I started fishing for walleye ~5 years ago, I bought a bunch of crank baits (reef runners, tail dancers, shad raps, etc.), some trolling spoons, and a bunch of jigs. I use stick baits in the spring, and I occasionally spend a little time jigging, but 90-95% of my walleye fishing is pulling worm harnesses. I am sure that they are not the optimal bait at all times, but they seem to work almost all of the time. It is hard to move away from something that works so well....

When we started fishing walleyes 20-25 yrs. ago all we ever used were stick baits & spoons all without any scents, hooked them on, threw them in, trolled, & caught fish! Never had a worm on the boat for15 yrs. Now every thing is harnesses & scented, wth!

My experience is the same as lineman 49.... The first deepwater walleye I got was probably in 78 or 79, and we were fishing for salmon out off the Mountain in Pennsylvania....the fish hit an alpena diamond yellow with black diamonds and I remember thinking " damn this fish is lost"......... little did we know.....for the next 10 years we got fish in deep water, fishing out of Walnut Creek and Lampe Marine in Pa. and all we fished were bomber long A's, Bagley Killer B's, and NK28's.....no scent, no harnesses...... I remember a day in the mid-80's pre-zebra mussles taking a 4 man limit in 2 hours..... it was stupid fishing..... All this was out of Erie..... Now I live in Rochester, and fish out of SP, Catt, Dunkirk, and pretty much troll harnesses 90% of the time. Got away from the walleye fishing for a while(20 years), and been back at it for 2 years now. I'd like to increase my versatility this year if anyone has suggestions...... bottom bouncing, jigging, etc.......

at night I use perch color and brownish stickbaits with a loud rattle in them during the day early season I like to bottom bounce with harnesses that works for me and for the most part its simple jeff

Yea, killer bees in silver & blue, couldn't keep the fish off of them! Same with the limits 2-3 hours & we were done! We did most our fishing out of Dunkirk & Barcelona then. Miss those days.

My Favorite walleye lures are the ones catching fish today

Quote Originally Posted by Anchor Wheel View Post
    My Favorite walleye lures are the ones catching fish today
    This is a fact!