2015 big game regulation changes 2015 big game regulation changes 2015 big game regulation changes 2015 big game regulation changes

Default 2015 big game regulation changes

Check out the new regs I get the feeling a lot of ticked hunters in certain areas this yr.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/28605.html
    22' starcraft islander "H"EYE STRUNG

Staff Fishing WNY
    Team member Descendants outdoors TV
    Prostaff Elusion camo .
    Prostaff ITO Flies
    Prostaff Ultimate Outdoors of WNY.
    Field Staff Kishels Scents and Lures .

Default times they are a changin

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Check out the new regs I get the feeling a lot of ticked hunters in certain areas this yr.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/28605.html
    I work in the forestry and wildlife management business in the private sector. Having traveled throughout the US for the past 17 years this current version of the rules is on par with what other states are doing. Everyone has an opinion on these types of shifts from managing just the quantity of deer to managing for quality deer. I've always held back for a nice buck and filled my freezer with does so it doesn't bother me much. I can however respect that others would have problems with it. The DEC has always struggled with managing the deer herd based on science vs what makes license holders happy...an unenviable task. Younger hunters for the most part have a different mind set than the older generation. They are looking for a different hunting experience I guess. I don't mind some change. We all adapt to it. What concerns me the most is in order for antler restrictions and other changes to work as intended, an under funded and under staffed DEC will have to find effective ways to enforce the new rules.

They don't seem to effect me much hunting in 9H & 9N areas, but I am sure some guys are P Oed!

The agravating part of these new rules is that is effects bow season. I believe only 15% of the total doe harvest is done during bow season. Their intent is to try and increase doe harvest #s. Why not make a earn a buck tag during gun season when there are more hunters in the woods. This is a poorly thought out plan that will have minimal impact on the high doe #s in those wmu's. BTW I am a younger hunter and I'm not out for trophies I hunt to fill my freezer for my family. It's aggravating that if in the 1st 2 weeks of bow a nice buck walks by I'm not allowed to shoot it. But I can fill 2 doe tags and then wait till the 16th to be able too "buck" hunt. Just my 2cents.

id be pissed if i was a niagara county hunter for muzzy season...they just need to open a strictly late season doe season after all seasons...no changes affect where i hunt but our buck to do ratio is insanely out of wack...we sure do our part on shooting does every year...people need to stop being lazy and call there tags in so a accurate take # at seasons end can be recorded not some half ass guess by the dec