SBH Update SBH Update SBH Update SBH Update
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SBH Update

Default SBH Update

Can anyone provide an update as to what's going on at the SBH. I have avoided it for the past few weeks because it was a real mess last time I was there. No shuttle, launching and retrieving from which ever ramp you want and parking was a mess. Has the situation improved or am I better off just skipping it and heading to SP?

Last wk. Friday was the same, on shuttle ,ramps the same, pick & choose what ever. Do not park in the A or B lot or you will be ticketed unless you have a handy cap sticker.

Boycott !!!

Quote Originally Posted by copo427ss View Post
    Boycott !!!
    I think this is what the new guy wants. I talked to a charter captain that use to keep his boat there & he was told " the new guy doesn't want him there & he doesn't want us who trailer our boats because he doesn't make any money off of us because we just come & go & don't spend any money". He really doesn't like us old timers that have a free pass. He wants a " Yacht club" to make money off the slip holders, he is there to make money.

Maybe a little tar n feathering is in order?

Still have not seen a shuttle at all........ and the launches are just pick which ever you want....

Heard yesterday that the new operator is going to have the ramps removed from the marina after this year and the state is going to build new ramps next to the SBH on state owned land. Can anyone confirm this?

I haven't heard that but it might be a good thing. I have heard that they might move them into the s/w corner opposite the fish cleaning station. They wouldn't have to screw with any new breakwalls if they put them inside that corner. In feel that would be a good place. We could launch there & be right there to park & wouldn't need a shuttle. All just hear say, & jmo.

They just need to can this jackass and send him packing back to Tennessee! The state owns the harbor and land. He's just leasing! I still don't understand how this guy is allowed to come in and mess everything up when nfta ran the harbor just fine. This moron shouldve just followed suit

Quote Originally Posted by copo427ss View Post
    They just need to can this jackass and send him packing back to Tennessee! The state owns the harbor and land. He's just leasing! I still don't understand how this guy is allowed to come in and mess everything up when nfta ran the harbor just fine. This moron shouldve just followed suit
    I believe he has a 25 yr. lease & has to make some type of improvements within the first 5 yrs. I also heard that the state land only starts at the fish cleaning station & goes south from there across the parking lot. (again hear say)