Meyers Reef Meyers Reef Meyers Reef Meyers Reef
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Meyers Reef

Islander Guest

Question Meyers Reef

Has anyone fished Meyers lately? If so, can you help me with where to try. I know roughly where the reef is but I have never fished there. I imagine it is a pretty big area. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I fished in the area of Myers Reef last Sunday. See my report on Where are the walleye from the other day.

I was out there trying to catch a few of those fish Sat. & Sun. Sat. I left Strugeon Pt. and went west 9 miles trolled east - only got one silver bass. I was by myself. Sun. I went east out of Sturgeon Pt. about a mile - trolled east with the waves about 7 miles. NO HITS! Decided to call it quits at about 12:15 pm. Popped the downrigger - found something heavy on it. Played it for several minutes - Big Ass channel cat. I was trying to get the hook out of it and David ( my partner that day)was reelin in the other lines and found a WALLEYE on one line hooked by the gill. They are biting funny these days. He tried to lift it but fell off. Where are the Walleye?? Last Fri. David and Ed went out of Dunkirk - saw alot of fish on the screen but NO HITS?? Whats going on??

That was the area where I caught the Channel Cat and where the WALLEYE bit funny. But I was a little out more to the deep side of Myers about 46 feet.

Good Luck!

Islander Guest

Thanks Captianjoe, I am going there in the morning. I know that a few charter guys from Grand Island go to Meyers when their usual spots aren't working. Last Saturday we were trolling the rock piles outside of the departure buoy and there were 4 charter boats fishing near us. After an hour or so,r a couple of them gave up and headed toward Meyers. We could hear them yelling back and forth to each other and they said thats where they were going. We will let you know how we did.