Charter boats or offshore/pier fishing? Charter boats or offshore/pier fishing? Charter boats or offshore/pier fishing? Charter boats or offshore/pier fishing?
    kdburton Guest

Default Charter boats or offshore/pier fishing?

Hey everyone - I'm a college student in Buffalo and I'm looking to do some walleye fishing. I'm originally from Minnesota and fish walleyes in lakes that are quite a bit shallower than Lake Erie. I don't have a boat here so I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a charter boat company or a pier that you can fish off and still catch some walleye. I'm kind of broke, so I'm not looking to spend a ton of money - probably $50/person if there is anything like that... Any suggestions?

Also what time of year is the best to get out there as well?

Islander Guest

I would call: Cinelli's Niagara River Guides, Captain Joe Cinelli, Grand Island, NY (716) 773-7910. I think its $80 per guy but its worth it. I see him at the dock with limits all the time.

jimski2 Guest

This time of year, I would try Dunkirk or Barcelona NY guides as the lake is warm and all the big fish have moved deep, like at least 80 to 90 feet of water, minimum.

kdburton Guest

What about in the beginning of October? Will they have moved in to shallower water by then? My dad is coming into town then and we're looking to do some walleye fishing. It will just be us two though most likely so are there any chater boats that aren't ridiculously expensive for two people?