Where are the Walleye? Where are the Walleye? Where are the Walleye? Where are the Walleye?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by chuging iron fisherman View Post
    went out a week ago sunday fished barcelona.piicked up 3 got blown off.talked to guys at dock they got 8 before they got blown off.not bad for 3 hrs. went back out wednesday with better half (john's back in school) when we got there 8 am guys were coming off some sea sick but with acouple of nice eyes.wife has cast iron stomach so we gave it a try.good decision started straight out then headed west limited out by early afternoon BIG FISH 2 30 plus in. 2-over 28 in and the rest 25 in and over box was full.also caught some steelies over 10 lb.and some nice perch.most on worm harness some on spoons.spoons did get some of the larger eyes plus steelies and some of the perch.ikes history so will try to get back out tues. or weds. and will post.got word that they are moving closer to shore which is right on for this time of year.get out there and go getum the time is NOW! good fishin tom & john
    how deep where you fishing how close are they would they be back on the south side of the mountain out by walnut they are out in 70 to 75 fow

chuging iron fisherman Guest

we picked up the majority of those fish in 104 - 109 fow. went back out wed (9-17) fished same area,plus deeper and into 70 fow picked up 6.a couple of 5lbers the rest 18 to 20 inchers.the fish were scattered,no pattern plus it was quite a blow 3-5 footers.hard to give good presentation.we really worked for them.also 95 ft and less perch were grabbing on constantly couldn't keep the lines in long.the water did get mixed after ike and i dont think it really settled yet a lot of debre flotting around.it should set back up soon .lot of good fishing ahead for those true walleye hunters.most of our fair weather fishermen are talking themselves out of the game.this is the time of year where you make the news instead of waiting to hear about it.will be back out there soon and will post.keep the faith.good fishing tom & john

blk97 Guest

Angry Where are the walleye?

Finally got out this evening 9-19-08. The first spot we tried i caught a bass, the second spot my bud caught a large sheep head, the third spot we tried my other partner caught a nice walleye before it got dark. We used worm harnesses, colors greenist, silver&red and copper. the walleye was caught at the round house drift. The water was like glass. Still no limit. may try again tomorrow. Where are the walleye?

Post Thanks / Like

Default No Walleye

I went out today in the am. Left Sturgeon Pt. and went 3 mi west. There was a strong wind coming form the south. I was running into rollers all the way. I started trolling west then towards the microwave then towards Evans Bar. Nothing - it finally calmed down a little. Not even a hit. Finished with the same worms I started with. Anytime on the water is still a good time and beats work. BETTER days are coming!

blk97 Guest

Went out this morning, 9-25-08. started fishing around 9:00 AM. The water was perfect. Couldn`t ask for a better day to fish. But there was one problem, no walleye. I talked to a couple guys at the dock, no body caught any walleye. What`s going on? is it over? should i call it a year? Where are the walleye?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where they Aren't

Tuesday I went out of the small boat harbor to the international marker buoy then trolled west for about 2 1/2 hours with an east wind at 5 kts. Waves about 1 foot but no walleye. Only one big sheephead.(42-50 fow).

Trolled back in a zig zag direction until noon. Nada ! I am thinking that as the water gets cooler, the fish will come in. When they do I'll be there. Small boat harbor will close for the season on Oct 15th.

Anybody know where can I launch later on in the year ?

blk97 Guest

We tried it again this morning. Left Grand Island dock, made a couple stops on the way to Meyers reef. No walleye. Don`t know how many miles we traveled, but it`s a good distance. Water was nice , just a little ripple, could go full bore if i wanted. But the farther out or the closer we got to the reef the more bumpy. Made a couple drifts before the white caps ran us out. So on the way in we stopped at the round house drift. Tough fishing with a Northeast wind. The wind was blowing us toward the Canadien shore. I had one bite all morning, my fishing partner cought a nice small mouth. We were using worm harnesses ( green & cooper ). Where are the walleye?

jimski2 Guest

We went out a couple times this week. There are plenty of large fish suspended down 20 to 40 feet. Tried plugs, harnesses and boards. Nothing, not even a bass.No big fish on the bottom either. The thermocline is now at 50 feet in many places. One fellow limited out on perch with emeralds he picked up in the Niagara River and brought out into the lake. I used golden shiners for 25 perch one afternoon. The only walleye I know of being taken were off Center Road on harnesses and dipseys.

blk97 Guest

Have anybody caught any walleye lately? if so when and where? It`s been a couple weeks since i`ve been out.

Post Thanks / Like

Last Tues I was out around the int'l marker buoy trolling toward Sturgeon Point in 45 fow with harnesses (2 lines out) and nothing, not even a sheephead.

I'm gonna try to get out before Wednesday which is the last day that the small boat harbor launch ramp will be open for the season (Oct 15).