Where are the Walleye? Where are the Walleye? Where are the Walleye? Where are the Walleye?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    chuging iron fisherman Guest

hey fella's.i heard someone ask were we were getting the eyes.we launched at barcelona and fished in 103 fow sat and got 8 eyes in 4 hrs. on harnesses ,watermelon,lime&pink,and halographic.dipseys at 3 and irons on the bottom.monday found them in 113fow same set up 10 eyes one laker 22# and 4 nice perch.5 hrs on the water.tuesday searched around picked up 5 same way but scatterd no pattern.back at the launch met with some contacts guys using harnesses were getting 2 or 3 each.one guy using stingers down 50 to 65 ft in 95 to 120 fow 15 eyes and 3 steelies!!! hadn't used spoons tis year myself so wednesday set out with all spoons and only got 2.guys coming in using harnesses did real well.note; some limits came in from 65 to 75 fow.going back to harnesses tommorrow and gonna start hunting them again starting in 65fow with harnesses.broke my own rule by following someone elses success instead of using my own proven sucess.with the thermal set up at 50 to 65 the fishing should be best starting with 10 of water below it and heading deeper.will post our results.don't get frustrated do what you know works.this time of year can be better than springtime especially for size. good fishing, tom & john

Post Thanks / Like

Default eyes

went out of walnut yesterday went out to 75 had a few hits but nothing on move to 65 fow i expermented and drop boat speed to about .5 and put lines any where from 65ft down to 50 and instently got a eye then lake went wild on us so we went in

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where They're NOT

I fished the lake all around the Int'l marker buoy and about 5 miles toward Sturgeon Pt, in shallow (15 fow) off the windmills, and not even a sheephead.

blk97 Guest

Angry Where are the walleye?

I`m back , the vacation is over. i live on Grand Island N.Y. I`d like very much to stay in the area---- Question, are the walleye still around? If the weather hold up, i`m going to give it a try Friday or Saturday. Where are the walleye?

blk97 Guest

Well i got a late start Saturday, Made one drift, started to rain. didn`t get to the spot i wanted to try.You know the rest of my story. No walleye again. Anybody catch any this week end ? Where are the walleye?

jimski2 Guest

Thursday we picked up 4 walleyes up to 6#'s. 75 to 85 feet of water off Center Road. They were suspended 55 to 65 feet down. The thermocline was at 62 feet. Lots of fish on the screen. Young man go West, go deep this time of year with the warm water temperatures.

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to agree with jimski2 about going west and deep. However with my small 14 footer I'm not driving to Dunkirk to laumch and go out 9-10 miles. I plan to wait until the temperature starts dropping and then fish the Sturgeon Pt / Bflo harbor area. I don't have any fancy depth, temperature, gadgets, so I'll just have to wait and get lucky.

I still say that there are a hell of a lot less yellows than there used to be.

blk97 Guest

Jimski2, were you guys using worm harnesses or plugs? When i first went to Dunkirk about ten years ago, we used blue and red hot & tots. Later on they started hitting bomber-a`s. Now it`s worm harnesses i guess. Do any of you guys ever try using plugs? if so have you had any luck?

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I think that if you get the attention of a hungry walleye with a big fat crawler, he will hit it. I think this fish is basiclly not too smart and puts his stomach in front of his brain. Any type of spinner should catch their attention. If you fish deep (60 fow +), not as much light gets down there so you need biggerm flashier spinners on your harness.

chuging iron fisherman Guest

went out a week ago sunday fished barcelona.piicked up 3 got blown off.talked to guys at dock they got 8 before they got blown off.not bad for 3 hrs. went back out wednesday with better half (john's back in school) when we got there 8 am guys were coming off some sea sick but with acouple of nice eyes.wife has cast iron stomach so we gave it a try.good decision started straight out then headed west limited out by early afternoon BIG FISH 2 30 plus in. 2-over 28 in and the rest 25 in and over box was full.also caught some steelies over 10 lb.and some nice perch.most on worm harness some on spoons.spoons did get some of the larger eyes plus steelies and some of the perch.ikes history so will try to get back out tues. or weds. and will post.got word that they are moving closer to shore which is right on for this time of year.get out there and go getum the time is NOW! good fishin tom & john