Bethlehem Waterfront Park Bethlehem Waterfront Park Bethlehem Waterfront Park Bethlehem Waterfront Park

Default Bethlehem Waterfront Park

From one fellow Walleye fishermen to another, could you please consider signing a petition to help in securing a Great Erie fishery for all.

https://www.change.org/petitions/jim...ly-right-place

Buffalo Bills Domed Stadium on Lackawanna's Waterfront is the only right place! The best choice for all of Western New York.

Update 10:13 7/17/2014 New flier to print and share https://mega.co.nz/#!dcQnUaZT!46mw_0...l0pOKs-4eP-skc

Bethlehem Waterfront Park

• Change Western New York's image forever from the rust belt to a GREEN BELT, NATIONAL SHOWCASE approx 1275 acres.

• Continuous waterfront park system

• Domed stadium (retractable roof) beside a large Harbor 600 to 1,000 boat slips, with an impressive front plaza and boardwalk overlooking the harbor. Elevated enclosed walkways connecting stadium, four high rise hotels, condos, splash lagoon and restaurant and shopping district on ridge road and old route five boulevard.

• SPLASH LAGOON, Woodlawn beach beautification and extension (total two mile beach), outdoor youth athletic areas (football, baseball and soccer), 200 RV/camper sites, amphitheater/elevated patios overlooking sunset views, picnic shelters, existing wildlife/bird nursery, art area, garden area, museums/sports theme attractions.

• Multiple six existing access roads. A seventh fast track thruway connector built on an abandon 2.3 mile railway to link up with Waterfront with no tolls. Fast track Route Five, with no stop lights.

• Highlight the City of Buffalo’s numerous hotels, restaurants, shops and waterfront by connecting the light rail transit system (an eighth access) to the park.

• The domed stadium would be a half a mile away from the immediate shoreline to protect tens of thousands of tailgating Bills fans from the weather.

• A natural showcase for 80,000 fans, some from all parts of the nation and the national awareness of millions of viewers on TV, attract the Super Bowl.

• CREATE THOUSANDS OF JOBS, construction, hotels, stores, restaurants, offices, and support businesses

Steven Appler AMHERST, NY
    6 days ago
    I agree that is time to begin wrestling this mess that Bethlehem left, cleaning it up and putting that amazing area back into the tax roll.

Andrew Jansa OMAHA, NE6 days ago
    I am from Orchard Park, I still come back all the time and go to games. This is important to me because not only is it a fantastic spot, getting rid of one of the scars of the city and putting something else there that would remind us of where the city use to come from in the Steel days would be a great way to honor past and present.

sally zak EDEN, NY
    11 days ago
    Season ticket holders and if you have to move it then Lackawanna has more than enough room along the waterfront plus it's an eye sore now. Let's make the most of that empty land. Great idea and easy access for all.

Mary Gallivan BUFFALO, NY
    12 days ago
    I believe that the message is true! We failed at our last attempt. Let's not allow Lackawanna fall to the wayside. I'm from the north side of the city and I can totally see the wisdom of this argument.

Peter Kujawski KENMORE, NY
    6 days ago
    While not only providing a permanent and contemporary home to the Buffalo Bills, this plan would turn a long dominant and polluted site into a local, national and international destination. I grew up in Buffalo and the Bethlehem Steel site always conjured images for a long gone era. We can reclaim part of that hay day and help rejuvenate the city and surrounding neighborhoods.

Tracy Snyder CANANDAIGUA, NY
    6 days ago
    The Buffalo Bills are an integral part of the Western New York Community and need to be recognized and part of a larger long lasting project here. Local, national, and even international recognition of a project of this magnitude would benefit the region and be a positive move in the right direction for improving the economic and cultural climate. These are critical times and losing the Bills is not an option. This plan is a forward thinking and practical way to ensuring the growth of the region and the future of a long lasting and deeply engrained tradition.

Please share with other fishermen and ask them to sign.

Thanks
    Last edited by Goodfishing; 07-17-2014 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Added pictures

I am all for a waterfront park that can be used & the lake can be seen from any/everywhere by everyone, but could care less about a new Bills stadium(let them move) that will block the view of the lake & take up the whole water front. We need family things to do on the water front for everyone to enjoy. We need year round family restaurants where families can sit & see the lake. We have enough "night spots & sports bars" now. Need things that young & old can all enjoy the water front. All the inner canals should have docking & lake access for family outings like the Tonawanda canals have.(canal fest.) Not everyone in WNY is a football fan, Jmho!
    Last edited by lineman49; 06-07-2014 at 11:12 AM.

I agree lineman. Had enough of the bills crap. Does everyone really think building them a new stadium is gonna help them win? No. It'll be the same old crappy broke down team with a new paint job. I like the idea of a NHRA 1/4 mile drag strip!!!! Hehe we could drag race each other pullin our boats.
    Current floatation device :
    Chris Craft Seahawk 254

FishingWNY- like us on Facebook
    Ultimate Outdoors of WNY- like us on Facebook. Find us on the water
    Staff at Kishels Scents
    Staff at Elusion Camo

I agree with you to lineman put something for everybody to use free of charge

I have to agree with lineman also. I would rather see things be developed more towards entire family involvement. There is nothing wrong with the stadium they play at now. Tight lines everybody !!

Default The state of affairs on the waterfront

While attending the three recent outer harbor meetings, the Mayor of Buffalo announced in his speech there is 4.8 billion dollars of investment at this moment in economic development in the city. I sense a large percentage is spurred on by the clean up and exciting developments around the waterfront in providing public access.

However the bigger picture of Western New York's waterfront clean up effort in the existing plans so far is best described as setting the goal line at the 50 yard line, then patting each other on our backs and saying well done.

We have a once in a life time opportunity that rarely comes along with the wind (public sentiment) in our favor, driving us forward in cleaning up all the waterfront, making a robust, vibrant green and blue economy. Which will return to us incredible opportunities and tremendous economic vitality. If we drop the ball now and allow industry that no longer needs the waterfront to grow stronger to get it's roots sunk back into the community, it will be to late to stop a larger more polluting industry wanting in on the waterfront. We will be complaining in later years as we do today and be scorned by later generations that we failed to finished the job.

We live in NEW YORK STATE, we are suppose to be known for facing great challenges, finding solutions, triumphing, leading the nation and the world. The Bethlehem Waterfront Park Project is a legitimate worthy cause to seek funds from the federal government as seed money to pay for the complete initial clean up and re-beautification.