Lake Erie wind mills, Again! Lake Erie wind mills, Again! Lake Erie wind mills, Again! Lake Erie wind mills, Again!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lake Erie wind mills, Again!

Just saw this on another site (LOU). The powers to be are talking about putting wind mills out in lake Erie again , I for one don't like that idea. The news article can be seen/read at "www.cleveland...c.html#comments." You can also cast your vote for or against here. Pass the word! Ant thoughts about this ?

Angry Wind Mills

QUOTE=lineman49;38153]Just saw this on another site (LOU). The powers to be are talking about putting wind mills out in lake Erie again , I for one don't like that idea. The news article can be seen/read at "www.cleveland...c.html#comments." You can also cast your vote for or against here. Pass the word! Ant thoughts about this ?[/QUOTE] Click on the link below.
    IMO I'm for wind mills on shore but not off shore.

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt...p&fr=yfp-t-901
    Last edited by Anchor Wheel; 03-24-2014 at 04:33 AM.

Can go to "Cleveland.com" search "Lake Erie wind farms" at top right of the page, then go 1/2 way down the page & cast your vote. for or against.

Quote Originally Posted by lineman49 View Post
    Can go to "Cleveland.com" search "Lake Erie wind farms" at top right of the page, then go 1/2 way down the page & cast your vote. for or against.
    Thanks lineman

Default anchor wheel

I agree with anchor wheel, keep the wind mills off the lake, with my boat driving I might just chop a cable and trash the windmill, as I cut Barry's line just one time , am I called a fisherman ? {no} hence the name chopper

Quote Originally Posted by chopper5 View Post
    I agree with anchor wheel, keep the wind mills off the lake, with my boat driving I might just chop a cable and trash the windmill, as I cut Barry's line just one time , am I called a fisherman ? {no} hence the name chopper
    Lol and you didn't get a warning shot across the bow for that?
    Current floatation device :
    Chris Craft Seahawk 254

FishingWNY- like us on Facebook
    Ultimate Outdoors of WNY- like us on Facebook. Find us on the water
    Staff at Kishels Scents
    Staff at Elusion Camo

Quote Originally Posted by chopper5 View Post
    IMO this topic needs to remain serious..

Lake Ontario between Braddock Bay and the Genesee River was a proposed offshore site for those behemoth and only because there subsidized pin-wheels. Thank god there was a whole lot of opposition and they decided to look for a site elsewhere.

Thanks Floyd for the heads up!

This is a bad idea, it is more about profits than green energy who know what impact this may have on fish or other wildlife that migrate the great lakes in general. Some will argue it could creats structure but what effects will the high magnetic / electrial fields generated have on fish. I am sure boundrys will be set up to keep people at a distance by the DHS. As a whole we will all lose if they are built. Get all to speak out against this.
    22' starcraft islander "H"EYE STRUNG

Staff Fishing WNY
    Team member Descendants outdoors TV
    Prostaff Elusion camo .
    Prostaff ITO Flies
    Prostaff Ultimate Outdoors of WNY.
    Field Staff Kishels Scents and Lures .

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    This is a bad idea, it is more about profits than green energy who know what impact this may have on fish or other wildlife that migrate the great lakes in general. Some will argue it could create structure but what effects will the high magnetic / electrical fields generated have on fish. I am sure boundary's will be set up to keep people at a distance by the DHS. As a whole we will all lose if they are built. Get all to speak out against this.
    I'm sure there will be a large portion of our prime fishing grounds restricted to boat activity if this happens. (The game will go something like this, We're only putting in a few) yeah sure maybe today, then in five years there be hundreds out there. Politicians will say look at the low cost energy will get here in WNY, LOL bull, maybe down state will, not us. Had one STWA member tell me at Walleye weight station last tournament he was for it (structure he said) same guy said he was thinking about running for STWA President