Sturgeon Point 7/19/08 Sturgeon Point 7/19/08 Sturgeon Point 7/19/08 Sturgeon Point 7/19/08
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    jersysider Guest

Default any advice?

I just found this sight and the information is great. I'm ready to make my first trip to Erie . Planning on putting in at Catt. creek. No downriggers but I'm fully stocked on dipsys and lead core. Flying blind is tough so alittle advice on where to start would help a ton! What are the size/limit on the eyes? Just one would be worth the trip! I need ya Pukin Dog, Throw me a bone............J!

sabercuts Guest

15 inches or better 5 a day on the walleyes.If you have never been out on Erie you might want to get the fishing hotspots maps(theres 2 for NY parts of Erie) They are a great point of reference for ideas of were you are and were to go.Have fun and good luck

Smile Catt trip

go straight out until you 70 feet of water minimum.

Black and purple or watermelon(pink and green) are my go to colors.

Dipseys ; I used big one last trip out, set on 3, used only 65 feet of line.
    When I set it deeper, got no fish. But that was that day.

Bigger fish tend to hold closer to the bottom on sunny days, but a got a 9 pounder last time out with 65 feet of line on the dipsey plus 3 eyes between 3 and 4 pounds.

Lead core: had one line with 5 colors one with 4. Both caught fish but they were smaller. Stick baits on lead work well. Put half a nightcrawler on back hook. If you use a whole worm, it kills the bait action and no strikage.

You can run sticks on dipseys too.

Don't troll too fast 1.6 to 2 mph.

Good luck, hope the fish are active. If you don't see fish on your graph don't panic. If they are high in the water column, they will spook sideways way before your transducer sees them, but they will still hit especially if you have boards.

Puking dog

Default sturgeon point

how far is sturgeon point from the pa line

jersysider Guest

Thanks guys! I'll let ya know how I make out.......J!

Sturgeon Pt Marina is 46 miles as the crow flies to Pa state border with NY. (according to google earth).

Cattaraugus Creek is 10 miles.

Anybody launch from the Pt Breeze Marina ? Do they sell night crawlers ?

Default northest marnia

can anyone tell me how deep to fish for the eyes in pa in the easttern end

jersysider Guest

Fished Friday. Light until 2pm. Lost a huge eye at the boat. It was the only fish of the day. Caught a bunch of white perch. 72 fow 6 miles out of catt. creek. Big dipsys set at 0 with 100 ft of line out. purple/black and watermelon! What was I doing wrong? Did anyone do any good the last couple of days? It's alittle discouraging for my first trip but still planning on going back one day this week. Gotta put my time in! Couldn't find the perch either............J!

butchy28 Guest

Default jerseysider

went out friday same area took limit and lost three my buddy they took 14 went out today and picked up 2 was in by 9:30 was only fishing in 67 ft today on friday fished 78-90ft once you locate fish on bottom use a magnum dipsey with a ring and set on 3 use the chart it runs accurate today fish were at 61-63 ft set dipsey 142 back friday fish were 77-81 ft set disey 165-175 ft was using black purple , rainbow trout and fire tiger perch launch right out of catt hang a left and start fishing

Talking Catt report

Walleye are now in 90 feet of water, off the Catt, and hitting.
    Limit catches Saturday and Sunday

Pukin Dog