Ontario salmon/trout fishing Ontario salmon/trout fishing Ontario salmon/trout fishing Ontario salmon/trout fishing
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Default Ontario salmon/trout fishing

Has anyone headed up to Ontario for salmon at all? I'm gonna make a run up I think next weekend. Just curious if anyone had any reports.

Copo boat or shore?

Oops my bad. Boat bailey. Got dr, boards(probably wont run em) jets n dipsys.
    Also what's a cutbait rig, where can I get some and what to use for cutbait

I run spoons, spin drs, j plugs and a few dodger fly rigs i have as far as cut bait maybe narbys or captains cove by point breeze or slippery sinker in olcott and they may have cut bait. Look on lake Ontario united south shore posts join if not on already. Use dipsys and riggers set to where marks are if we dont get to bad of blow this weekend should be good and better the next few when are you heading up and where.

Already joined on Lou. I'm thinkin next weekend is when I wanna head up. Not sure where I wanna launch, either fish the bar, Wilson or olcott. I've never fished the lake by boat so I'm green there. I've only stream fished.

Its nothin but a thing ill go out of the point if ua add a few miles youll have friends in the water. I know a few and they'll share info. Rough riders posts are good he shows what he is catching with. If its nice i hope to get out actually got a crew lined up so far. Hope isaac goes towards mid west.

Bailey. What's the point?

Copo pm me your number

I fished out of olcott today, we got 1 brown & 1 steelie. We only fished 50 - 140 fow , marked very little. Our first time up there sense spring. We talked to a charter capt. & he said to go out to 500 fow for kings (8-10 miles out) more of a constant temp. out there.

I went up last Saturday and Sunday out of Olcott. I only have two wire dipsy rods for salmon fishing as all my other gear is for walleyes and way too light. We were fishing 200-250 feet fow on Saturday and had the divers down about 80 ft. Marked a ton of bait fish and fish but didn't catch anything. Most of the boats were fishing in 60-100 fow in full combat mode. On Sunday I caught a well written report for Olcott on LOU and they were fishing 350-450 fow and did well on flasher / fly combos.

Sunday I followed a charter boat out and got far away from the close in battle lines. We marked tons of bait and fish down 55-60 ft over 350 fow. We let our dipsys out on the wire 120 and 130 which is about 60 down. Didn't take long to hit a 20 lb King on an Atomik fly off a white with green dot Spin Doctor. About half hour later got a 12 lb Coho on the same rig and about an hour later finished the day with a 25 lb King again on the SD / fly combo. The other diver had a spoon on and we missed one hit on that rod. Everything was between 350-400 ft of water about 60 down and GPS speed was 2.8-3 mph. Hope this helps.