Ontario salmon/trout fishing Ontario salmon/trout fishing Ontario salmon/trout fishing Ontario salmon/trout fishing
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

That was a smart move to get out yesterday. Looks like this weekend may be a washout.?? Maybe the WEATHER GODS will prove the Weathermen wrong and it will clear up for tomorrow.

Man it just started blowing all of a sudden. Just can't catch a break. Maybe we will try the mouth of the river tomorrow if the lake is bad. Like bailey just told me, at least it wasn't that far of a drive for a bed and breakfast. Lol.
    Last edited by copo427ss; 09-08-2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Addon

Quote Originally Posted by copo427ss View Post
    Man it just started blowing all of a sudden. Just can't catch a break. Maybe we will try the mouth of the river tomorrow if the lake is bad. Like bailey just told me, at least it wasn't that far of a drive for a bed and breakfast. Lol.
    If you fish the mouth, hang around the green can and jig the bottom for Lakers. You won't want to eat them but they'll be fun to catch and you should get some good action!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Slayer 716 View Post
    If you fish the mouth, hang around the green can and jig the bottom for Lakers. You won't want to eat them but they'll be fun to catch and you should get some good action!
    It was blowing so bad that we were almost taking waves over the bow in the river. Headed up river to art park. Never been up in a boat. Kinda freaky. If I can't get out on the lake tomorrow any tips for the art park drift. Like how far offshore. Depth ect. I see it's deep in there. Just never fished it by boat. I have a bow mount troll motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Slayer 716 View Post
    How heavy of a jig are you useing , what style jig & what do you use for bait ? Are you trolling or drifting? I was told once use a 1 oz. jig with a 6" white sluggo plastic. Sounds like fun. Thanks for info.

The weather let us out on the lake Sunday. Turned out to be a nice day. We got off to a slow start in the morning do to boat speed but once we found our speed they slammed the spin n flys. Went 5 for 8. Big shout to bailey for coaching over the phone. Wish you could have came out with us but drunk watching sounded pretty damn fun sat night. Thanks to everyone for ur tips for lake O.

Anyone know if anything is going on in the lower river ? We were thinking of trying it this week due to the winds & waves.

Salmon are available in the hole. Bass throughout the whole lower and walleye in the usual spots. Did about a dozen decent bass and 1 walleye drifting sunday afternoon for a couple hours.

Fitz

Plan is to fish the lower river tomorrow AM. try for some trout . The perch have been slow & small so far on erie. Of course fri. or sat. I'll hear you should have been here yesterday on erie!

Quote Originally Posted by lineman49 View Post
    Plan is to fish the lower river tomorrow AM. try for some trout . The perch have been slow & small so far on erie. Of course fri. or sat. I'll hear you should have been here yesterday on erie!
    Lol. Isn't that always the case. Post back how you do for trout on the lower. If you get any browns I could use some eggs. I still wanna hit the river for musky before it closes