Perch Fishing Perch Fishing Perch Fishing Perch Fishing
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Perch Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I should've ran to sturgeon i fished from catt to past the white wall and as most who were out did almost nothing but one guy who came in from sturgeon did well. Alwaus next week but i should chase mr gobble. Good luck
    22' starcraft islander "H"EYE STRUNG

Staff Fishing WNY
    Team member Descendants outdoors TV
    Prostaff Elusion camo .
    Prostaff ITO Flies
    Prostaff Ultimate Outdoors of WNY.
    Field Staff Kishels Scents and Lures .

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sturgeon Pt.

Took a drive to Sturgeon today and talked with a town Employee, marina will open on time , big work will be done today, he also told me the concrete work on the ramp was just a repair not a ramp extension. 15 boats out to the left of Pt, no they didn't launch from SP, ramp is still closed. two friends went out of Hanover yesterday, keep 25 good size and threw back twice as many. Same two out again today, they were searching last time I talked with them.

Post Thanks / Like

was out last fri. from the catt. was doing really well west of the evangola wall, got 50 lrg. ones then, this freak wind came up and blew us off the spot, the wind contined from the north west and the fish stop biting. all an all, we did good in the morn. 9-11 but after the wind nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I launched Friday from small boat harbor, they had both launch ramps open with docks, parking in A lot only. I didn't fish, just wanted to run the boat after a carb rebuild and other tune up work, and get things dialed in. Funny thing, I drove in first no boats in dugs launch, drove by other launch to see if open, and it's open, no boats at docks there either, so I turn around and get ready to prep boat for launch across over in parking lot, with the plan being to launch from dugs dive for the practice, with that angle you know. A facility truck comes running up at me, stops, and I get told, "you know when you launch you have to use the restaurant launch, the middle one is for retrieval only". LOL thank goodness I didn't ruin the efficiency with zero boats at any of the docks! I almost thought he was going to charge me.

Post Thanks / Like

There were some "issues" with the kids that work there and people launching and retrieving at both. I bitched at them and there bosses last year about it. So I'm sure they've all been told so everyone's on the same page. Last year I would got yelled at for launching at dugs. Was told that was retrieval. Then the next day it was the other way around. Yelled at by a different person. Then the next weekend it's backwards again. But different people telling different guys where to launch. So it was a huge cluster.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought they got a lot better as the year went on the van drivers would go tell hell at people for launching at the wrong ramp 2years ago nobody knew the rules not even the nfta police there was fights almost every day

Post Thanks / Like

Wow I missed a lot last year, never launched once from small boat harbor. Well the docks look all new, with nice green signs on them saying retrieval or launching so hopefully things will work out better. I didn't mind being told where to launch, it was just funny because I was by myself. Actually I'm really glad they are enforcing that because things work 10 times faster if they do. Hopefully they will instruct people to prep their boats before launching like they do at sturgeon point. It's a frustrating thing to be chomping at the bit to get out fishing, and some jerk who doesn't give a crap decides to prep his boat at the ramp at his leisure.

fishon and wishin thx for the updates
    Last edited by wnyguy; 05-07-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Wnyguy what do you drive? Just so i know who to get in front of at launch lol jk
    22' starcraft islander "H"EYE STRUNG

Staff Fishing WNY
    Team member Descendants outdoors TV
    Prostaff Elusion camo .
    Prostaff ITO Flies
    Prostaff Ultimate Outdoors of WNY.
    Field Staff Kishels Scents and Lures .

Post Thanks / Like

I cant launch my boat at the launch dock by dougs there isnt enough room to swing around to back the trailer in. So I have to launch at the retrieval dock. Oh the parking spots are too short also so I have to park where ever I can fit.
    Ultimate Outdoors of WNY
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ultim...28741153979264
    Ultimate Adventure SportFishing
    https://www.facebook.com/Ultimate-Ad...e-Sportfishing
    31 FT Tiara Open Hard Top
    2012 AmaraCan Walleye Champions
    ProStaffer:
    Bay Rat Lures
    http://www.bayratlures.com/
    Torpedo Divers
    http://torpedodivers.com
    Traxstech
    http://www.traxstech.com
    Kishel's Scents
    http://kishelscents.com
    Grizzly Coolers
    https://www.grizzlycoolers.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Well what do you expect when you have a battleship for fishing boat? LOL That's a problem I would love to have, this 19ft cuddy doesn't have a lot of room for passengers to fish you have to get creative.