spring isn't coming fast enough spring isn't coming fast enough spring isn't coming fast enough spring isn't coming fast enough
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default spring isn't coming fast enough

I am counting down the months till spring I have some new rigs I made up to try and I am gonna give the torpedos a try also. I learned a lot last year just hope this spring I learn more . I will say the members who contribute here are a great help to all . So few sites are as sharing I have only found one other that the members share tips freeley and its sister site is good also but they keep tight lipped a bit more because its all ice tips. I hope you all have a merry christmas and a happy new year may your stockings be stuffed with plenty of new rigs and not honey do lists LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Now Bailey dont be rushing my snowmobile season away just yet I wont allow any talk like that untill late Feb. or early March....lol

Post Thanks / Like

Bailey - did you go the tropics? I remember you said something south going south in Dec. Fishkiller - I hope you get all the snow you can handle. Just keep it in your backyard.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm using the DROID and words get out of place when sending these posts. Sometimes it works ok.?? Hay I Just found if you turn the phone the other way the screen works much better. This window opens up larger and there is it more room to navigate.

Post Thanks / Like

Capt going in feb now to mid Florida, and the DROID is an awesome piece start looking at the apps some great ones for free if it is in your head sure it's out I there. Also fishkiller I want to see the trolling rig on your sled LOL. I like to ice fish but that is looking a ways off this year still but it is WNY that could change any second

Post Thanks / Like

While I am thinking of it any of you ever try running a trolling spoon inline ahead of your harnesses as an attractant I wanna try it

Post Thanks / Like

I know of people using a Dodger in front of their harnesses and they claimed to work like magic. Of course that person could never do anything wrong and had great secrets all the time. You know what I mean. Hay we need to give it a try. Something else that I saw was using a Rudder in front of the harness. I saw them chrone or stainless steel but now you can only get them in plastic.

Post Thanks / Like

I will see what I can find on the rudders they sound good for stopping that horrible twist. They also work for depth it would just be some more figuring to get the depth control.

Post Thanks / Like

My nighbor, who keeps his bost at Dunkirk used to use the metal rudders that I mentioned. The last couple of years he hasn't been using them. He believed that they didn't make any difference. He was catching fish but not like years ago when he was hammering them. Anything is worth a shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Capt You will find the DROID has a way of occupying your time the world at your fingers. I use mine even as a fishing aid navionics is even available on it now that is a great tool for those without gps on board. I think anything that adds just something a little different than what the eyes see everyday go by could help.