spring isn't coming fast enough spring isn't coming fast enough spring isn't coming fast enough spring isn't coming fast enough
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the jet divers so inline seems to me to be the better option, I would think jets would pull out of releases. Thanks for input on lead core for sure gonna rig em. Oh yeah looks like that sled time isn't far off now but give me ice fresh perch are sounding yummy now.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you tell me the advantage of using lead core? I've never used it but from what I can see is that you need to get the harness / spoon / plug down to a certain dept. You can do that by using a Torpedo Diver, Jet Diver, Dipsey Diver, Down Rigger or straight in line lead weight. To me the Lead Core Line is thicker than mono, fireline or wire. It would seem to me that it could spook the fish??? Fishkiller how many poles do you have on your boat?

Post Thanks / Like

I know my buddy runs a 10 color and it's way behind boat I think its 10 yards per color and it catches fish I think drop is 5ft a color also. So for my little boat a long line straight out is another rod. He uses lots of them off planers. I don't know advantage but they work.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spring

Bailey, I run the big boards with 3 #40 jets on each side. I use a plastic clothes pin with a rubber band, holds the jet just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

2150 I may try that are the bands heavier ones? I am trying to get away from riggers its hard when they are king on Ontario habits are tough to break. But I do get a few eyes off them. I just got surprised with a great gift card for my favorite store so even more gear coming. Gonna be a great spring. How often do any of you do the night troll early on I have yet to try that myself on the big pond? I wouldn't mind giving it a whirl.

Post Thanks / Like

Joe, ill respond on the lead question this weekend i just saw it now i have been making venison sausage all day today not enough energy to respond to it now. we did almost 100 lbs of sausage today. regular breakfast, maple breakfast, italian, and 20lbs of just pork homemade polish sausage. Bailey i run the same setup on my big boards, and when its rough i use the weldon releases with no rubber bands just twist the line and stick it in the release right on the twist.