how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Page 449 of 465 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451459 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 4646

fished last night 6-9 left sp went west 50-60 fow tried everything again got skunked what speed is everyone doing
    i feel like a rookie cant catch a fish lol
    jeff

I try to stay at 1.2 mph. Last night was a real soft bite and we missed more than we hooked. We ended up with 4 and lost a pretty big one at the boat before the storm chased us off. I know this is a Buffalo page, but it's worth the drive to Dunkirk. For whatever reason, we are catching there when we couldn't in Buffalo and at the line.

Thx bottom bouncer I keep the boat at sp keep getting them
    Jeff

I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I fish my suspended baits off downriggers, but was thinking of trying leadcore to make it easier. Can I fish wormharnesses off leadcore? Is it easier than using downriggers? What type of rod, reel, line weight, brand,, etc..?? Any suggestions about how to get started are greatly appreciated. Thanks- Brian

I fish leadcore all the time. YES you can fish wormharnesses off them, you can fish sticks off them. Most if not all charter captains will tell you that they use them. The theory is that the leadcore will act like a snake in the water giving the bait a different more desired action. Now for the complicated part - I have several reels set up ( Okuma ) with different lengths of color set up. Each will produce a different depth. Say a 2 color would go down approx 12 ft., a 6 color would go down approx. 36 ft., a 10 color approx 60 ft. It depends what depth you're in and how deep you want to go. Don't forget if you had a 2 color on and had a 15 ft. diving stick you would be approx. 27 ft. down or if you had a shallow diver you would be approx. 15 to 18 ft. down. The size of reel would depend on the amount of colors that you want to put on. Give Jim a call at Ultimate Outdoors of WNY a call if you want to shop local.
    Current flotation devices:
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

Thanks Captain Joe. I appreciate the info. I will definitely check out ultimate outdoors of wny.

He doesn't have a store but he sells from home and does the Niagara Falls show, WNY Sportsman show, Participates at sales at the Southtowns Walleye Club, and the Dunkirk show. He will suggest the newest products to meet your needs. He use to post regularly on this site but hes now on Facebook more often. Jim's # is 716-796-5372. Shoot him a text or call him. Also called Fishkiller.
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

Picked up 3 the other day. Started late 6:30, quit early 8:30 but was just glad to get out for a short time.
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

fished 8-1 out of sp got 2 one perch 62 fow another tough day water temp 72
    jeff

Is anyone catching near Buffalo or SP? The bite in Dunkirk has cooled off (for me at least) and I was thinking of trying our end of the lake this weekend.