how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 383 of 465 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393433 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 4646
    Post Thanks / Like

Went out of the catt. sunday, boxed out in two hours in 72 feet.

Post Thanks / Like

Got back out for few hours this afternoon and picked up 8 eye's between the Cat and Dunkirk. 72-80 fow. Larger fish the closer I got to Dunkirk. Lake was calm today, but looking at the weather that's gonna change for a few days. Anyone been chasing the perch yet? I've been coming across lots of clouds close to bottom that might be perch, or else bait fish. Time to get lazy this weekend since the rains will be upon us.......Go Bills!

Post Thanks / Like

Got out yesterday with the "Whisperer" . All I can say is a "big thank you" . That was the first time I ever achieved a three man walleye limit. It was a beautiful day. Chopper 5 was great with the net. But he gets a C- for fish cooler carrying. LOL. I think the "Whisperer" can smell fish 60 ft down. Oh yes and Copo deserves a gold metal for netting "Flying fish" . Fishkiller and Anchor Wheel deserve an A + in boat handling. Fishkiller can maintain a solid course and headway while Anchor Wheel achieves some strategic boat handling maneuvers.
    Current flotation devices:
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody been out? Might make the trip from Rochester to the Catt or Dunkirk tomorrow. Any help is appreciated......

Post Thanks / Like

Went out today straight West from SP to straight off the Cat and then North to the Canadian line. Marked several, but nobody was catching; the radio reports were 1, 2, 0, ... . Lots of Silver Bass. We wound up with two Walleyes and a 10 lb Steelhead. We heard some guys on the Canadian side were doing a bit better (as many as 3 or 4), but based on the radio chit-chat, nobody could figure out how the fish that were so plentiful last Friday could disappear so fast.

Post Thanks / Like

I went out of the Catt today solo...it was a pretty good day for me. I caught 4 walleye, 18in, 19in, 22in and a 29in 8lb+, a sheephead and one silver bass.

All fish were caught between 70 and 75fow. Many fish were between 65-69fow. Trolling towards Buffalo using #1 dipsey with the ring, set to ZERO. 145-150ft out. 1.9mph, I use about 8ft leader off the dipsy including the worm harness and snubber. #6 Colorado Silver streak "Antifreeze Hotrod" blade. This spinner has been very productive for me the past month.

For all you Guys loosing fish....put a #6 Round Bronze Gamakatsu treble hook on the bottom of your harness and a #2 Red Gamakatsu above it. I have yet to loose a fish with this combo since I started using it in spring of 2014. (Credit to Capt. Ross Robertson) Even fishing solo I am able to land EVERY fish I hook with this combo including the 8+ pounder today.how is fishing in buffalo-20150916_172905-jpghow is fishing in buffalo-20150911_124609-jpg
    Last edited by Wackyracer; 09-19-2015 at 02:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Tough day for me yesterday West of Dunkirk, only 2 walleyes. 75 fow looked best, and both fish came from that area. both off a wire diver. marked some perch in the same depth.

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy joe a newbie to the Erie walleye gig managed 7 eyes and lost a few with a friend between center rd and purina yesterday in 75' to 85'...9-10 color. There still around

Post Thanks / Like

Boxed 8 yesterday and dropped one lifting it out of the water (should have used the Net) off the Catt. 72 FOW. dipsy's with harnesses, All fish were small nice eaters. Last time out, pulled all walleye gear off the boat, ready for some perching.

wackyracer maybe you could post a picture of the harness hook rigging you say works so good.
    Last edited by Anchor Wheel; 09-19-2015 at 01:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anchor Wheel View Post
    Boxed 8 yesterday and dropped one lifting it out of the water (should have used the Net) off the Catt. 72 FOW. dipsy's with harnesses, All fish were small nice eaters. Last time out, pulled all walleye gear off the boat, ready for some perching.

wackyracer maybe you could post a picture of the harness hook rigging you say works so good.
    Here is an older video from Ross showing the hooks and how to tie them....He uses different leader material now (20# Seaguar Blue Label) then what he recommends in this older video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmVU06nSHf8

Also when reeling in keep the tip of the pole up high, do not pump it...I see a lot of fisherman pumping the pole (I was guilty of that until Ross set me straight) ....that takes the tension off the line and then you may loose the fish.

This treble hook on the bottom: Gamakatsu Round Bend Treble Size #6 (47107-25)

The single hook above is a: Gamakatsu Octopus Hooks (Red) #2 I believe this is the model but not positive (02310-25) the -25 indicates a 25 pack
    Last edited by Wackyracer; 09-20-2015 at 11:09 AM.