how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 185 of 465 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 4646
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Got a few this morning

I went out of sp this morning caught 4 in a little over an hour before the waves brought us in, lately the white bass have been taking all my worms, there is either a walleye a six inch white bass or no worm every time I reel in a line, it is very annoying.

Post Thanks / Like

looking to head out sunday for some 'eyes after this little weekend blow. Should we stay near the SBH or is all this wind gunna move the fish back west??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tomorrow

Guys,

I am heading out tomorrow and I am going to try trolling for the first time. I went out 2 weeks ago and caught a couple nice walleye drifting with harnesses, but figured to give trolling a whirl.

Since I don't have a kicker, I plan on dragging a 5 gallon bucket on each side attached to a cleat. My new 'Rude E-tec is really quiet, so I am hoping that won't be an issue.

I plan on dragging a couple worm harnesses on bottom bouncers and maybe a couple spoons I bought online behind dipsy's. I was thinking of heading out to Meyer's reef after launching from the sbh.

Any tips on where to head? I will be listening to channel 68 as always if anyone is out there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

lineman- way to go nice catch/ cant take the heat guess im just a night owl

Post Thanks / Like

pyson, we did well near the border out of the sbh in 46-50 ft. I'd try there working a few feet off the bottom before running to the reef.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    For those who are following, And those who don't care, sorry! We went down to defeat yesterday. We had a 8-1 lead and I had to bat. We were short, the younger kid had to go on a honeymoon. And others didn't show up. I was batting in the 5th when I hit a ground ball to third. When getting out of the box it felt like I got hit in the back of he calf with a bat. It stopped me in my tracks. I went out the next inning but couldn't perform at a level that I'm use to. I was out of the game. We were up, then down, then up, then tied. Lost it in the 9 th. It feels like when I'm reading these posts. Everyone are having a good time catching fish and I'm working.
    Good luck to everyone! I hope to get out this weekend. A lot of ice and meds will work wonders.
    hey capt i care lol you guys cant win them all get the kinks out before the playoffs and rest that leg so you can fish this weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Milt - I thought hat you would respond to that post. I think you and Wrestling Coach could relate. But my mind says you can win them all.

Ok On a different note. What do you guys do with the fish guts after cleaning them? I cleaned fish last Thursday. Put the remains in the garbage can. Oh boy does it smell around here. My garbage pick up is on Thursday morning. This bunch had a whole week to ripen. I can't get away from the smell. Bury them? Freeze them until garbage pick up? These are some suggestions that I have heard. Some of you use the fish cleaning station at the SBH but there is none at Sturgeon Pt. My family and neighbors want to hang me.
    Bailey do you throw them in the swamps for the alligators? Lineman do you electrocute them? Fishkiller do you take them to the big house dumpster? Copo do you use them as an alternate fuel?

Post Thanks / Like

Well capt as close as you are I'd go grind them lol. As for me well i shouldn't disclose dumping techniques publicly lol. Sometimes the local yotes get a good meal by digging shallow into hole. Although for only a few i have a great spot that works frequently . Never bag and keep them around even if several bags used they seep thru and it's gut turning to deal with.
    22' starcraft islander "H"EYE STRUNG

Staff Fishing WNY
    Team member Descendants outdoors TV
    Prostaff Elusion camo .
    Prostaff ITO Flies
    Prostaff Ultimate Outdoors of WNY.
    Field Staff Kishels Scents and Lures .

Post Thanks / Like

Bailey do you throw them in the swamps for the alligators? Lineman do you electrocute them? Fishkiller do you take them to the big house dumpster? Copo do you use them as an alternate fuel?

Omg. Lmao. Joe that's good!!! No mine don't end up in my fuel tank. I actually take them out back with the atv in buckets and toss them in the old mostly drained pond for the turtles and other critters. I used to bury them in the gardens and flower beds but the friggin dogs would dig them up and they smell even worse then. But man did the flowers and veggis get big. You could freeze them. Or? Is there anybody you don't like? Lol. Up at the cottage we bury them. But bury deep cause coons and yotes are good at letting you know you didn't dig deep enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by copo427ss View Post

Omg. Lmao. Joe that's good!!! No mine don't end up in my fuel tank. I actually take them out back with the atv in buckets and toss them in the old mostly drained pond for the turtles and other critters. I used to bury them in the gardens and flower beds but the friggin dogs would dig them up and they smell even worse then. But man did the flowers and veggis get big. You could freeze them. Or? Is there anybody you don't like? Lol. Up at the cottage we bury them. But bury deep cause coons and yotes are good at letting you know you didn't dig deep enough.
    When I clean fish i have a 5 gal bucket lined with a 3(ml) trash compacting bag, the bucket and bag goes into the freezer till garbage day, funny this post is up, I just took the garbage out with 4 frozen bags of guts. In the winter the bags goes into a can in the shed, hell I've had them leak in the dead of winter in the attached garage.
    Last edited by Anchor Wheel; 07-18-2013 at 11:46 AM.