how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 172 of 465 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 4646
    Post Thanks / Like

A BIG congratulations. Dennis. I may have played against you in 67. I played for Lackawannain 67.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    A BIG congratulations. Dennis. I may have played against you in 67. I played for Lackawannain 67.
    I have the 1966 game film Lackawanna vs Lancaster. Wasn't Ron Jaworski the QB in '66?

Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

Great for you dennis and better for the kids sounds like you we're a good athlete and also a coach. It's a great little history to leave behind for yourself and memories kids will have for yrs to come. Now you have to sharpen up and become the walleye coach LOL.
    22' starcraft islander "H"EYE STRUNG

Staff Fishing WNY
    Team member Descendants outdoors TV
    Prostaff Elusion camo .
    Prostaff ITO Flies
    Prostaff Ultimate Outdoors of WNY.
    Field Staff Kishels Scents and Lures .

Post Thanks / Like

Default 6/23/13-Capt. Joe & Baily

Capt. Joe and Baily, heard you guys on the radio. I was going to chime in but decided not to, because I know some guys look for info. and people don't know each other and hesitate to communicate in return. You guys may have seen us out there, we were in a white lund explorer. Good luck

Tony (Slapshot)

Post Thanks / Like

Went out of Dunkirk only managed to pull two out, one on a harness and one on a reef runner (cranberry crush). nice day though.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Skunked Weekend

This was the weekend from hell.
    I went out on Friday to my boat, and saw that one of my dock lines was broke.
    Looked at my outboard, and lone behold, a chunk is missing from my prop. TERRIFIC!!!!!
    I had my girlfriends family with me and we were planning on going out after dinner.
    We ended up buzzing around on the trolling motor for a nice relaxing night cruising at 1.5 MPH.
    Saturday rolls around, and with the forecast of thunderstorms, I made haste to try and fix the prop.
    Woke up and went to West Marine and purchased a new prop with the catalog suggested number, grease, hub and prop wrench.
    Went to the marina, trolled the boat over to the launch and pulled in backwards to make ease of the new prop install.
    The prop wrench was the wrong size, and didn't fit. (1-1/16")
    My tool set only goes up to 7/8", and that was too small.
    I talk to the NFTA harbor, and they have no tools.
    I then head over to Olson Bros. and ask him if he has a tool set.
    He suggests a crescent wrench, which I'm confident wont fit into the prop.
    So back to the boat to try this idea, and it doesn't work.
    I return the wrench to Olson, and he then gives me a 1/2" drive shallow set.
    I know the shallow set wont work, but it will allow me to determine the size needed, which was 15/16".
    I return the 1/2" set, trolled the boat back to the slip.
    Once at the slip, I tell my slip mates the whole story, and one buys the prop wrench off me because he has been needing one.
    Now its off to AutoZone to buy a deep socket and breaker bar.
    This is about the only thing that went good, got the socket and breaker bar then headed back to the boat.
    Trolled it from the slip, back to the launch, and continued working on it.
    Removed the cotter pin, removed the nut, tapped off the old prop, grease up new hub and prop, install on shaft and doesn't seat correctly, the fins hit my exhaust port!!!
    By this time, I'm beyond upset.
    I see numerous boat coming in filled with fish, all talking about how good of a day it was.
    And so much for the thunderstorms, they never showed up.
    I trolled the boat back to the slip, place all the covers on, and left.
    I returned the greasy hub and prop with a rather delightful explanation to West Marine.
    Once home, I ordered a Piranha Propeller 13-1/4 x 19.
    This is a composite propeller with individual replaceable fins.
    I read many reviews and watched many videos on this before making it my final decision.
    Now the boat sits, awaiting delivery of a new prop.
    Forecast is all thunderstorms for this week, then next week I'm going to Long Island till July 7th.
    I hope after that to get back in the water and throw in some lines!

So, did anyone see a fool with his boat launched backwards fixing a prop at NFTA on Saturday.

THAT WAS ME!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling Coach View Post
    I have the 1966 game film Lackawanna vs Lancaster. Wasn't Ron Jaworski the QB in '66?

Dennis
    I believe Ron wasn't the QB that year. It was Dave May. I was his center. I was a sophomore but got a lot of playing time. I was also a center for Ron the next year. Aah the good old days.I'd have to get out the year books out to figure out the dates for sure. Both Dave and Ron had gentle hands.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
    Capt. Joe and Baily, heard you guys on the radio. I was going to chime in but decided not to, because I know some guys look for info. and people don't know each other and hesitate to communicate in return. You guys may have seen us out there, we were in a white lund explorer. Good luck

Tony (Slapshot)
    I'm always into communicating with people from this website to pass info along. As long as I'm not too busy with the poles. You know what I mean. Sometimes it gets hectic. But we were struggling too. When we were pulling up for the day we found the second one hanging on. What a surprise. I guess that shows us you have to keep checking. It's tough to keep checking with the black flies chomping at your ankles.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Flies

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    I'm always into communicating with people from this website to pass info along. As long as I'm not too busy with the poles. You know what I mean. Sometimes it gets hectic. But we were struggling too. When we were pulling up for the day we found the second one hanging on. What a surprise. I guess that shows us you have to keep checking. It's tough to keep checking with the black flies chomping at your ankles.
    Confucius say, wear long pants flies no chop at ankles.

Saved you lots of fish today Capt.
    Last edited by Fishon51; 06-24-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Tony we wouldn't answer ya we're to proud to talk to people we don't know lol. Should've given us a shout not much info to share Sunday but it passes time. Things will pick back up soon i am sure. I have the new boat almost ready to gear up. It'll be out soon just hope it knows how to catch fish. It's like starting the season all over again hope the first trip don't put a skunk in the boat.
    22' starcraft islander "H"EYE STRUNG

Staff Fishing WNY
    Team member Descendants outdoors TV
    Prostaff Elusion camo .
    Prostaff ITO Flies
    Prostaff Ultimate Outdoors of WNY.
    Field Staff Kishels Scents and Lures .