how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 169 of 465 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 4646
    Post Thanks / Like

FISHNCARS
    Bottom bouncers. Trolling or drifting and depending on speed try to obtain a 45* angle with your line to the bottom. Way more than 45* heavier bouncer. Way less than 45* lighter bouncer. This is ballpark. Let the bottom bouncer and harness out slowly and control its descent to the bottom to avoid tangles. When it hits the bottom close your bail and allow your speed to pick the bouncer up and move it along. 10-15 seconds. Open your bail once again and allow the bouncer to hit the bottom again. Close the bail and you are set just about right. Put the rod in a rod holder. If your depth changes or speed changes you will have to make adjustments. I do not drag the bouncer all over the place on the bottom.
    Dipsys. Now don't get me wrong. I assume you are connecting the correct ring on the diver to your line and the correct ring to your bait.
    Keep asking questions. I would meet with you however I have guests here for the weekend and on Monday I am having a total knee replacement. But when I get back up on my feet I will meet with you and we can sort some things out.

Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

I use a 3-way rig 1ft leader to sinker(2-3oz) and roughly a 4ft leader to the lure the I will drift or slow troll I do catch some fish

Post Thanks / Like

Fishncars are u fishing mono or braid?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FISHNCARS View Post
    I know about the L or R adjustment, I have those correct, just doesn't look like its operating correctly.
    I might try to file the release gap a little, this might work.
    I'm using a #0, is that too small?
    I'm using it at the "3" setting for L & R, and according to the chart, for 35 FOW with the O-ring, 220' of line out is needed at 2.5 knots. (2.9mph)
    I'm trolling slower than that, roughly about 0.8-2.0 mph, so I'm assuming 200'-210' of line out?
    Should I get a #1?
    I think #3 is way too big, am I correct?

Thanks
    Actually I've been using big boards lately but I would say you should be trolling at 1.7 to 1.9 mph and let only about 120 out. Yes it depends on the size of the dipsy. And to tell you the truth I'm not sure on the size numbers of dipsy's I just know by looking at them. The other day we lost a whole set up dipsy and harness at Myers in 32 ft of water . ?? We went over that spot several times with that set up and nothing happened. I lost a torpedo diver -2 oz and harness at about the same time?? I didn't think that I was that deep. ???

Post Thanks / Like

Well learning curve just got bigger about 4 ft bigger got my work cut out prepping a 22 ft islander for my style of fishing. In a couple weeks we'll see how it works out. Should hopefully be a good new adventure. But leaving little boat fishable so walleyes are not safe still.
    22' starcraft islander "H"EYE STRUNG

Staff Fishing WNY
    Team member Descendants outdoors TV
    Prostaff Elusion camo .
    Prostaff ITO Flies
    Prostaff Ultimate Outdoors of WNY.
    Field Staff Kishels Scents and Lures .

Post Thanks / Like

Fishncars pm me your number i'll talk ya thru some of it and when im at sbh i'll meet with ya minute and have you follow me out. Plus i'll show ya on gps where some of structurr is to avoid you'll have to landmark it in head to avoid it.
    22' starcraft islander "H"EYE STRUNG

Staff Fishing WNY
    Team member Descendants outdoors TV
    Prostaff Elusion camo .
    Prostaff ITO Flies
    Prostaff Ultimate Outdoors of WNY.
    Field Staff Kishels Scents and Lures .

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sturgeon Point or the Catt.

I haven't been out in two weeks, and going out this weekend. Last time out did OK behind the windmills. Thinking of heading out of Sturgeon Point and making our way down to Meyers. A good place to start or should we try some where else? Thanks.

Also, what depth of water is everyone fishing?

Thanks
    Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Fishing Yesterday

Yesterday morning (6/19/13) I went trolling out of the SBH. Went out the north passage and began trolling in 25 fow towards the red & green navigation buoys. I started at 8:15. 1st fish was a 19" eye in 28 fow. As I approached the red buoy, I boated a 22" one. So I backtracked and got none. Then I continued thru the buoys toward that (new ?) buoy with 2 orange balls on it. In 32 fow I hooked a nice 28" 7# eye. All this was between 8:15 and 10. I continued trolling out toward the big buoy in 42 fow and no more luck. There were several boats further out but I had to get back & I don't know if they were getting any. Worm harness and bottom bouncing.
    Water temp 63.

Anyone else getting any ?

Post Thanks / Like

Fishncar here is a drawing of what happens to a dipsy when let out. I run all my dipsy's on a 2 setting and have never had a tangle. I run size 1 for everything except on Ontario I run mags with wire for salmon. [IMG] greenshot free download[/IMG]
    "The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be."
    --- John Gierach

"One useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a Congress." – JOHN ADAMS

Post Thanks / Like

the fish cleaning station at sbh was busy yesterday and i mean a lot of eyes the spot did not giveup to much last nite 4 all came in a hot spurt at 11 to 1130 iel be back you fishes