how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 68 of 465 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Fished out in front of purina towers & east, marked very few, nothing all day until we were picking up & got a 7#der in 52fow. just washed worms & lures the rest of the day! Happy dads day!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey at least you guys are out there, my outdrive is sitting in my garage right now about to be broken down to replace water pump etc. It's been a weird year for walleye fishing not many people are catching them it seems from the people I see.

Post Thanks / Like

Wnyguy, shouldn't really have to pull outdrive off to replace just the waterpump/impeller, just remove lower part of it. That is at least on a merc.or yamaha I know.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished along side fishkiller off the cat in front silver creek i went 3 for six dropped 2 at the net and 1 about 25 ft out on dipsy when it came off . dipsys 56 to 70 out on 3 setting and rigger at 50 ft leadcore 7 colors . All on meat custom blades with reds chartruse black white and blues mixed in them. Thanks for info jim.
    Last edited by bailey; 06-17-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Gonna have to do a captainjoe fishkiller and bailey trip out. Be fun to butt heads with all our ideas combined lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Went out yesterday around 4pm off Myers Reef 38-45fow picked up 6 Wally's. Got them on 6 colors of lead with black and purple harnesses and purple reef runners of boards. Trolling speed 1.7-2.0mph. Fish were 16-23". I was the only boat out there. Perfect night 6 silver bass and a 4lb smallie. Was off the lake before sunset.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to get out today. I for up late 6:30am. Made breakfast &lunch lunch. Drove to Sturgeon Pt. I saw that there was a strong south wind but I thought about staying close to the shore. I got to the marina and saw a few trucks with trailers in the parking lot. I said i'll go for it. Hooked up the trailer, took off the cover, loaded the boat, etc. Drove to the guard house and talked with the attendants. They said it'd rough out there etc. I saw fishkiller in his boat saying " don't bother going out, it's not worth it". That changed my mind. I then decided to park the boat. I changed ideas with fishkiller & his crew, sales people from Olson's, fisherman from Barcelona, Fishinon 51, Ray from Restless, Hugger. It turned out to be an interesting day talking strategies, mechanical issues etc. Alot of B S going on. It was an interesting day without being in the water. HAY MILT --- we did win Fri. Was used un a relief roll. Came in in the 7 th. Threw 2 pitches got 2 outs - game over.

Post Thanks / Like

captjoe sounds like you had a good day on sunday good job on the save and the win fri night
    milt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Meyers Reef

fishon51 and gutpile you seemed to do well off Meyers Reef. That's where I caught my 20 & 23" last Weds in 48 fow. Did you go out of Sturg or SBH ? I think it's a shorter run from SP. Way to go.

Anyone know a good youtube video or website for fileting walleye ? I used to be able to do it blindfolded many years ago, but I have forgot how.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lineman49 View Post
    Wnyguy, shouldn't really have to pull outdrive off to replace just the waterpump/impeller, just remove lower part of it. That is at least on a merc.or yamaha I know.
    Lineman you are right however I wanted to pull the drive because just replacing my impeller/pump case is a best case scenario. I also wanted to check things over in case anything else was bad (ie back flush all seawater passages), and I'm overdue for engine alignment check so it was a good excuse. I have a merc 170 with an alpha drive, I'm a member of the "470" club...