how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Page 11 of 465 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Went out of Sturgeon yesterday morning. I checked a bunch of spots west, all the way to Dunkirk. When I marked anything, it was on the bottom. I dropped rigs down there and all I came up with was silver bass and sheephead. Threw everything at em from sticks to harnesses. Seemed to only be a handful of boats out there all spread out. Good Luck to guys going this weekend.

Captainjoe reporting in - Sorry to say NO Walleye today. Only one channel cat. A few other hits but not many. Went north out of Sturgeon Pt. trolled east to towards the condos. Didn't see much on the screen. Circled around and went west. I saw more fish when I hit 63 ft. Some on the bottom and some suspended. Word on the radio was SLOW. I used two dipseys on the port side and one jet of the back. I don't think it would help if I used four poles. Good luck everyone.

Went out ex Pt. Colborne yesterday due south into 72 feet of water, marked very few. Took only one small walleye on the down rigger and a few perch on the dipseys. Very slow. Heard a lot of chatter mid afternoon on 68 between boats around 5 miles SE of Abino on the CDN side of the" line in 62 feet of water having good success on riggers, limiting out. Went there, marked lots of fish but the bite was off. Looks like they're still out there and not too deep.
    Last edited by SaltNPeppermint; 08-28-2011 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Direction from Abino

Out of Dunkirk right now. 4 in the box. N E 8 miles out. The screen is loaded. 1 off downrigger 2 off jets with weights 1 off small deep diver. All worm harnesses.

Thumbs up Dunkirk

Went out of Dunkirk yesterday - midday, headed west near Brocton Shoal off the blue water tower. Put 4 eyes in the box, lost one behind the boat, all over 6lbs. Landed a 21" laker on a peanut behind cowbells and lost something nice on a spoon off the bottom. All eyes were suspended 50-60 down in 85-105 fow. 20 jets w 4oz and 10 color lead worked along with dipsys. Ran 2 riggers strictly for lakers. Flat lake, only boat out there most of the day, unreal. First time fishing that area so I guess we got lucky.

6 in the box

Great capt I am getting out tomorrow trying to decide whether to head west or north.

Default Buffalo Harbor

I caught a few outside of the North Gap last night, including a 7 pounder. It sounds like the action is picking up again...

Hey capt where did you launch out of today?

We ended up with 11. Best day on the lake this year. I went in my neighbors boat. He has a slip at Dunkirk. We went N E 8 mi and trolled north to the line. All but one came off big boards with jets and deep divers and worm harnesses. No special colors today. They all seemed to work. The screen was the best that we seen. They were biting very ligh. Check your lines often they might be hanging on.