how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Page 9 of 465 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Just got #4. Copper seems to be working.

Ended up with 5. Had 6 poles out, 4 came off the same rod. Hammered copper was the trick. All 5 came off the copper.

Thumbs down

Fished out of the Catt today till noon. Lost one on the rigger on a smaller UV harness. Couldn't find them after the week of wind, if it wasn't for the perch action, we wouldn't of had any at all. We tried straight out towards the line then in closer and west 78 - 84 fow.

That was the big ? at Dunkirk. Everyone on the radio was asking that quetion. We did see some on the screen but they were not hitting like the week before. I believe that the wids had something to do with that. I did hear several boats get 3 or 4 but no large numbers.

Now is it normal for the bite in late summer to fall right off? As fallnears and progresses are the erie eyes like other lake eyes and the bite will get better as water temps cool? I k ow other lakes fall can be the best time. How late into the fall will you fish erie? I plan on getting out well into october myself.

I think the week of wind jacked things up but the summer bite should be good once things stabilize again. I've talked to a few guys that stick it out between windy days in the fall and they say the bite is really good. You dont hear about it because most guys transition into bow season or steelies.

Planning on heading out thursday afternoon or friday morning, most likely out of Dunkirk.
    Last edited by SemperFi; 08-17-2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: adding info

Went out at dunkirk this morning - only caught 1 'eye. We were in 80-90 FOW using mostly worm harnesses, 1 stick bait, and I believe it was an orange spoon that caught the walleye.

Over the radio I heard out towards evangola they were marking fish and big bait clouds.

Thumbs down

Only had a couple hours to get out this morning so figured I'd work on the resident walleyes of meyer's reef. Got set up and made one pass along the western edge along the reef. Picked up one eye on a 30 jet and a few bass right away. Couldn't turn around and stay on my course, was jammed in by the bass tournament anglers. So ...... I joined em for the remainder of the morning. Hoping to make it west soon, just didn't have the time for the long trip from Buffalo today.

I went out early this morning. Sorry to say NO Walleye! Only one perch. Wish I knew about the 3 pole rule. Maybe the fish saw only 2 in the boat and only 4 poles. They said what dummies they don't know about the new rule we won't bite their hooks. We trolled and trolled and trolled. We were west of S. P. 9 miles. And the trolled east.

3 rods per man my boat will look like a peacock out there now I think for charters and anyone trolling our odds just got better. Its about time our state did something right. It still amazes me the bs even a simple amendment to a law has to go thru. Next week out of the oak for me good luck on erie if things brighten up on the smaller pond I just may head west. Tight lines all