how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 99 of 465 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

has anyone fished myers reef lately
    milt

Post Thanks / Like

we lead the whole game until the bottom of the 7 th Lost 7 - 6. Wait until next year. Now i can concentrate on fishing. Attack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    we lead the whole game until the bottom of the 7 th Lost 7 - 6. Wait until next year. Now i can concentrate on fishing. Attack.
    it was a good year now you can fish the rest of the year
    milt

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry guys, I wanted to bring another championship to this web site like Fishkiller did. Although it wasn't a fishing one. There were many positives that we can take to next year. Tight lines everyone. Good luck tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

btw how did anybody do bass fishing the other day? Just curious. I hear stories about how you go out and catch 5 lbers untill your arms get tired, but personally I have had to work for them. (last year anyway, no bass fishing yet this year) I watched that show, city limits fishing last year and a guide from buffalo took the host of the show out fishing in erie, launched from erie basin marina. Their goal was to catch 10 keepers total. The guide was bragging that they might be done in an hour, but it ended up taking them 8 hours to catch 10 bass over 12 inches. ( that's 5 fish each, but they did come in for lunch and ate wings). They fished in august if I remember correctly.

My guess is that before the gobies infested erie the bass were a lot easier to catch. More of them and smaller?

Post Thanks / Like

Wnyguy casting maybe difficult ha ha but troll a stickbait for eyes in close and bass are nuisance in my oppinion i caught many not targeting them this summer. So many at timed i switched to all meat program.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny about the boards and smallies. Usually I see em jumping at the end of the line after the boat. I just hand it to the boy. We have a blast.

Did jig for some smallies off seneca one afternoon. Did really well. We used a black 1/2 jig with a whole crawfish. Fish were slammin it in 16 FOW or so. Biggest was close to 4 lbs, but that was it. Fun time for the kids. Me, so so.

I seem to have my best luck bass fishing when focused on offshore rocks humps. Not just the stuff the by windmills, but way farther out there. Some nice spots with 45 or so FOW surrounding a big flat hump that comes up to 33. Lots of fish in there. Walleyes from time to time too but mainly bass.

It comes down to timing too. I will ask a few of the bass guys some tips (dont know much about bass fishing), and its up and down. Saturday one guy got 18 bass, biggest 3 lbs. Yesterday, I seen him and they got 6. We did go from a southwest to northwest wind. So that didnt help. Plus Gusts to 35 on Friday. Sure mucked up the water. With bass being site feeders, that cant help.

Did notice quite a few folks keep and clean their smallies out this way. Not used to seeing it I guess. Being from the midwest, not many smallies hit the live well. All catch and release.

Try a little farther west. Some nice humps off evangola, sturgeon and dunkirk. But you're on the right track. With all the gobies, theres quite the buffet out on the lake. Lots and lots of bait. Make for bigger fish, but it seems like less hungry fish too.
    Last edited by Mark Komo; 09-03-2012 at 07:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny about the boards and smallies. Usually I see em jumping at the end of the line after the boat. I just hand it to the boy. We have a blast.

Did jig for some smallies off seneca one afternoon. Did really well. We used a black 1/2 jig with a whole crawfish. Fish were slammin it in 16 FOW or so. Biggest was close to 4 lbs, but that was it. Fun time for the kids. Me, so so.

I seem to have my best luck bass fishing when focused on offshore rocks humps. Not just the stuff the by windmills, but way farther out there. Some nice spots with 45 or so FOW surrounding a big flat hump that comes up to 33. Lots of fish in there. Walleyes from time to time too but mainly bass.

It comes down to timing too. I will ask a few of the bass guys some tips (dont know much about bass fishing), and its up and down. Saturday one guy got 18 bass, biggest 3 lbs. Yesterday, I seen him and they got 6. We did go from a southwest to northwest wind. So that didnt help. Plus Gusts to 35 on Friday. Sure mucked up the water. With bass being site feeders, that cant help.

Did notice quite a few folks keep and clean their smallies out this way. Not used to seeing it I guess. Being from the midwest, not many smallies hit the live well. All catch and release.

Try a little farther west. Some nice humps off evangola, sturgeon and dunkirk. But you're on the right track. With all the gobies, theres quite the buffet out on the lake. Lots and lots of bait. Make for bigger fish, but it seems like less hungry fish too.

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got out today. Went for a boat ride with the wife. Had lunch drifting over Evans Bar. I didn't put a line in the water. I don't think that qualify as a skunk. What a day. Glad that i didn't listen to the weatherman. I did see many minnows up high. Also i saw something?? About 6 - 8" long. Brownish. Small spots with 4 small legs??? It was in the surface. I thought it was dead. But t threw some water at it it went below the surface. Mud puppy????? What do you think??

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it was probably a mud puppy. There was a big die off here a few years ago, they were all over the beach, I think at sunset? Can't remember which one. Kind of looked like this?

http://greatlakesecho.org/2009/06/26...a-bright-spot/