how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Page 91 of 465 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lineman49 View Post
    Thanks for dipsy info, Fishkiller, how far apart were your dipsy rod holders,& did you use different length rods? We fished 42 -45 fow yesterday got 7 keepers 4-6 #ders, 3 dinks went back.
    we sometimes run multiple dipsys on Ontario mostly 2 per side but sometimes when fish are aggressive and suspended, 3 per side. heres one way to do it...

like Fishkiller said earlier, NO sharp/abrupt turns! also, I wouldn't use three rods per side under 2.5mph

rod holders 10-12 inches part.

inside rod holder angled down toward water, middle rod holder horizontal to water, outside rod holder one "click" above middle rod holder.

7ft rod for (deep) inside, 8-1/2ft rod in (mid) middle, 10ft rod (high) outside.

inside dipsy 1-setting, middle dipsy 2-setting, outside dipsy 3 setting

takes some practice but you can run these w/o tangles.

these days i use wire on my dipsys, but another way to help minimize tangles is to run wire on inside rod, braid on middle rod and mono on outside rod.

for tight-to-bottom fish like we are seeing on Erie now and/or when slower trolling speeds are needed, there are better methods to get multiple baits down to them
    Last edited by ShortHanded; 08-02-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poles293 View Post
    I want to thank everyone on this site and the Buffalo area specifically. Just bought a Crestliner Raptor 1850 in June and after a short learning curve I've been doing well out of SP. Went out Tues and got 4 in the boat biggest was 9 lber. Wed did great before the wind picked up boated 8 with the biggest about 6 lbs. only one pencil. Kept two for dinner the rest went back in. I've been fishing straight out of SP in 60ish ft of water trolling with Walker 107 divers 123 ft back with a trolling spoon and crawler 6 ft back on 15 lb fluro leader. The trolling spoons were a couple of medium sized salmon spoons that I took the treble hook off and put a 30 lb. red Cajun Line small leader with beads and 3 Gamakatsu #2 octopus hooks on. This was way cheaper than buying a Thundermist trolling spoon set up like this. I think all total with the hooks and spoons I have $4 into them. Anyways thanks again and I hope to be a frequent contributor.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

way to go on the homemade weapons!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lineman49 View Post
    Fished out of SBH went out to the humps/rockpile.area. Bottom bounced with chartuse green harnesses had to be rite on bottom 1.3 - 1.6 sp.
    where is the rockpile i heard of it but dont know where it is thx

Thanks Shorthanded I'm going to pick up a few more and get them ready for early next week. I might try buying some spoon blanks that are painted by some of the guys selling them on LOU.

Default tomorrw 8/4

Taking my 10 and 12 year old daughters out tomorrow for their 1st ever walleye fishing outing. I haven't been out in a month and just wanted to get some info as to were to go and what to use (colors) ? Thanks,

Tony

Thanks Shorthanded & others for all the info on the dipsys. Milt, the rock pile is about 1 mile north of the #2/seneca shoal red marker bouy. We have been useing chartuse & hammered bronze size 4 blades on the harnesses fished rite on bottom. We were there today & fishing was slow but constant, ended up with 7 keepers. 1.3 - 1.7 spd.

[QUOTE=lineman49;24331]Thanks Shorthanded & others for all the info on the dipsys. Milt, the rock pile is about 1 mile north of the #2/seneca shoal red marker bouy. We have been useing chartuse & hammered bronze size 4 blades on the harnesses fished rite on bottom. We were there today & fishing was slow but constant, ended up with 7 keepers. 1.3 - 1.7 spd.[/QUOTE

thx for the info

Went out yesterday- Sat. Fished from 8:00 am to 12:10pm. It was HOT. I'm talking about the weather not the fishing. Ended up with ONE WALLEYE.. a few silver bass and a few stripped hooks. Fished with yellow birds, jets & dipseys. All had worm harnesses. The one came off a larger dipsey #2setting. The word on the radio - some had 14, 6, 8, none, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    Went out yesterday- Sat. Fished from 8:00 am to 12:10pm. It was HOT. I'm talking about the weather not the fishing. Ended up with ONE WALLEYE.. a few silver bass and a few stripped hooks. Fished with yellow birds, jets & dipseys. All had worm harnesses. The one came off a larger dipsey #2setting. The word on the radio - some had 14, 6, 8, none, etc.
    hey capt one better than none how did softball end up
    milt

Default Ripped off/$1000 reward

One of our fellow fisherman got ripped off of $4800 worth of equip. Mostly muskies, capt. Larry Jones had rods & equip. taken out of his boat in the Jamestown area. The rods were custom built & have his name on them, keep an eye open for any of them. You can read the whole story at " Lakeontariounited.com" web site under $1000 reward in sub title Muskies, pike, & walleyes.
    Last edited by lineman49; 08-05-2012 at 10:48 AM.