how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Page 7 of 465 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

No my lazy a$$ slept in and I love the DROID I never saw the need for one but won't go without it now. How is it out there has to be flat as glass are they hitting? I may get out tomorrow.

Pretty flat. We just got #2. Slow fishing.

What was your final catch today capt anyone else get out also?

went out last evening from 4:30 -8. only got 3. all on dipsy w/harnesses. 1 and 3 setting in 77 fow to 80 fow.

Total of 3. We started getting more hits around 3;00 3:30 but we decided to go in. at 3:30 ~ things to do. Word on the radio was some were doing great, some ok. When we got back to Sturgeon Pt. I talked with the DEC, the best that they heard was someone got 15 with 9 throw backs west of the point 68 -70 ft. someone at the ramp said they had 31 with 3 weighers for the NCCC. They said 81 ft further west. Why not us?

Why not us can be a popular question capt, you got to remember the secret to catching fish is knowing where the fish are. Ha ha we just need to be let in on the secret. I am not out today maybe sat but Sunday go see the good ol boys at the glen I think. Good luck men tight lines.

I'm out now. Late start again. By myself today. Got one line in &had a fish- siilver bass. Back at it now. 70 ft west of S P. Some stuff on the sonar.

Didn't want to post yesterday cause I know there was a tourney going on out of Dunkirk. Headed out of sturgeon yesterday morning with an odd wind, south s/e or something that changed to s/w. For us, it was a good but lite bite. Put 11 in the box but lost atleast 5, some behind the boat and watched the dipsy twitch as they sucked the worms off. Multiple fish had just one hook in em. Everything we put out seemed to work, musta just got on some active fish close to the Catt. Renosky's or harnesses, didn't matter and believe it or not, liked 1.6 / 1.8 mph. I usually go a bit faster this time of year. If you were out there all day with 4 guys in the right spot, I wouldn't doubt some high numbers and some big ones.

Semperfi - I was off the cat. but more out at the Canadian line on Sat. Saw alot of fish on the graph but only got 3. There were two of us - 4 poles. Sounds like you were in closer to the mouth. Today I went to the 70 ft mark where rhe DEC said they were catching fish. I managed 2 silver bass \ white perch. First time this year I got skunked. Today I was by myself - 2 poles. Need new strategy for next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    Semperfi - I was off the cat. but more out at the Canadian line on Sat. Saw alot of fish on the graph but only got 3. There were two of us - 4 poles. Sounds like you were in closer to the mouth. Today I went to the 70 ft mark where rhe DEC said they were catching fish. I managed 2 silver bass \ white perch. First time this year I got skunked. Today I was by myself - 2 poles. Need new strategy for next weekend.
    Right, I probably saw you out there. Everyone bunched up right on the Canadian line early in the morning just east of the catt, that's where they have been. After the first pass through we only got one. I picked up and ran into deeper water well in from the line and found them. After our second pass there I think others caught on and we had a bunch of boats around us. Funny thing is, around 1130 the fish vanished, only got 1 between 1130 and 1pm. Have no idea what happened. Dipsy's have been the best ticket for me so far then jets with a few ounces of weight.