how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 55 of 465 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

way to go...nice catch!!

Quote Originally Posted by wnyguy View Post
    Made it out perch fishing on Sunday with the family had a nice time and the perch were biting. We launched out of sturgeon late, about 10am, wanted to wait and see what the weather looked like first, just decided to drive out and try launching and be prepared to turn around if bad weather set in. There weren't many boats out at all! Main group I joined first only had 4 boats out there. We stopped there but only seemed to be catching small perch and moved on to a couple other spots, ended up only being a mile away from sturgeon and marking fish on the finder. BTW I did split my screen and zoomed up to 6X and 8X and that worked well, was easily able to tell when fish were near. The schools seemed to be roaming around a lot. Anyway, check out these pics of the big pig my daughter caught. It was 13.5 inches, but a real fatty. I've caught bigger but not as hefty. This was not a female full of eggs, no eggs and I pulled out two fish from it's stomach in the next pic. She must have dropped the minnow right in front of it's mouth! The top one almost looks like a small goby. We were in about 52 ft of water, using live and salted emerald shiners with equal results. Here is a pic:

And what was inside:

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird 581i

Yes my Humminbird has GPS and dual range sonar. It is pretty cool & I have been fishing for a long time & never had one before. My kids got it for a Xmas present for me. I used to fish almost exclusively at Angola back in the days there were Blue Pike !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by walleyerick View Post
    Yes my Humminbird has GPS and dual range sonar. It is pretty cool & I have been fishing for a long time & never had one before. My kids got it for a Xmas present for me. I used to fish almost exclusively at Angola back in the days there were Blue Pike !
    I just got the 798si this spring. The gps rocks. I love the side imaging it really gives you a new perspective underwater.

Post Thanks / Like

Default help

ok you veteran walleye trollers i need your help,

i was out today from 8am - 2pm before it got to rough - i was trolling for the very first time - that is! with more knowledge than in the past. i was in 40fow near seneca schoal, i boxed one 20" on a dispy diver #0 & worm harness copper/orange and lost one at the boat on a dispy diver #0 on a deep diving rapala. the one i landed, i didn't know i had it on and was going to change over my lure, the one i lost i knew i had on cause i heard my drag.

my issue and your help - How can you tell you have a fish on? should i loosen-up my drag so I can hear it scream or is it a better way?

the rods i was using was 8' 6" med. light 10-17 lb. braided (i couldn't tell i had a fish on); my other rod was a 6'6" med. action 6-12 lb. flour. carbon

i learned alot today but need some pointers - i've heard you nguys talk about loosing them at the boat - THAT SUCKS!! is there also a way to cut down on that as well?

Please & Thank-You

Post Thanks / Like

Time and practice learn your rods the action the feel those buggers will ride for hours ha ha. If i even think i may have one i didn't notice hit i'll lift rod to feel how dipsy acts. Maybe go smaller on size of dypsy or back pff tension on release a little to. I use stiffer rods but may lighten up myself but i know these ones now. You'll get it. Its even more fun on rougher days lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Wishin. try backing your drag off, set them just heavy enough to hold your equip. from pulling drag also leave the clicker on until you fight a fish. As far as loosing them at the boat thats where most are lost. I beleive the proper way to bring a fish in is that you (we) are suppose to back the drag off the closer the fish gets but most don't! Instead we winch them in. Just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Start by loosening your drags but not so much they walk out while trolling. Also your starting too deep for this time of year work the Windmills, Seneca Shoal, and Meyers Reef, 32-38 ft range but a lil closer to 32 ft than the 38 ft mark. I pesonally do not run braid at all, I just don't like it, but thats just my personal preferences. I run Mono, Lead Core, and 19 strand Torpedo wire when I happen to use dipseys( which isnt very often). We ended up with 9 Walleyes on Sunday our program was excatly this: 30 Jets on 15# Mono 125 back, 800 series (deep diving) Reef Runners on the color Gator Bait 125 back on 15# Mono, Shark Torpedo Divers (4oz) 65 & 75 ft back on 15# Mono, and 5 Color Lead Core.The Torpedos, Lead Core, and 30 Jets were all run with Harnesses, and on the cranks we tip 1 of the front hooks with a 1" piece of worm just for a lil scent. We trolled between 1.7-1.8 mph on the gps. If you have any more questions just ask.
    Last edited by fishkiller16; 05-30-2012 at 07:33 PM.
    Ultimate Outdoors of WNY
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ultim...28741153979264
    Ultimate Adventure SportFishing
    https://www.facebook.com/Ultimate-Ad...e-Sportfishing
    31 FT Tiara Open Hard Top
    2012 AmaraCan Walleye Champions
    ProStaffer:
    Bay Rat Lures
    http://www.bayratlures.com/
    Torpedo Divers
    http://torpedodivers.com
    Traxstech
    http://www.traxstech.com
    Kishel's Scents
    http://kishelscents.com
    Grizzly Coolers
    https://www.grizzlycoolers.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Fishkiller I must have been near wishin & had the same results. I guess I didn't go far enough west. I was in 35 -42 fow. Got 1 on blue/silver harness & lost 1 on sm confusoin spoon. Marked very few in shallow saw more in 42fow.
    Last edited by lineman49; 05-30-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I was out monday grey starcraft and there was a white and blue same hull style just out deeper than we were. I was on fish between meyers and seneca on fishkillers advise. You'll get fish unlike most sites info is secret or on buddy system i'll admit i am learning more here than ive learned in years on my own. Ill always help when i comes what comes goed around. I just picked up the drag trick bet your a$$ i'll be trying it next outing. Oh yeah another trick rig dipsys on a 3 way one line to rod one to bait and other to dipsy its a nice cheat can be done with jets also but jets wont flip on retrieve.
    Last edited by bailey; 05-30-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

hi bailey, on your dispy trick is the bait still trailing off the dispy, so i have both for instance a worm harness and a a reef runner on the 3-wy?