how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 43 of 465 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe, what were your issues before that you had the trailer in the shop for? Burning all the way to the fuse block doesn't make any sense. Like bailey said the fuses should have burned out, long before they melted that far.That's what they're there for. What size fuses were in there? 30s? (green). If you have a separate fuse block for trailer wiring like I have nothing should be over 15amp( blue). Are you running a 4 flat system? Or the 7 pin with trailer brakes? If it is 7 pin and electric brakes I would say that the brake battery is back feeding the system possibly and melted everything. The strange part is you made it Down the road always before it happened. Do you remember if you were on the brakes, lights on, or turn signals when it happened? You could also have a wire chafed through somewhere causing a short to ground. But again that's what fuses are for. The only other thing I can think is you have soooo many lights on your trailer that the wires couldn't handle the load through them and over heated. But you would have to have alot of lights. Ha ha. But anyway, that's all I can think of for the moment. Wait! If you do have electric brakes and the system shorted out, it's all in the same harness on the truck and would have melted all the wires without blowing fuses.
    Last edited by copo427ss; 04-29-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been hauling a boat from the day that I got the truck. My old boat trailer had surge brakes. This new trailer has surge brakes but it has a solenoid on the trailer so when you back up the brakes don't come on. Initially I found that the wire which would go to the reverse light was never hooked up. I took it to the car dealer to hook it up. Something wasn't correct. The car dealer said that the pigtail that I got from the boat dealer was crossed. I went to the boat dealer and had it checked out. We found that the wrong wires had power going to them. We adjusted the wires to correspond correctly. I tested it last week and it seemed to work properly. Yesterday I went for gas and everything worked. When I was driving to the marina was when I had the meltdown. I found that the red (hot) went from a terminal around the fusebox was never fused. I believe something grounded out. Maybe the plug? The truck frame? Anyways it kept drawing until the insulation melted and the wire broke apart. ??

Post Thanks / Like

4 more days and ill be in Port Clinton fishing the western basin Walleyes and drinking some finely aged Capt. Morgan...lol
    Ultimate Outdoors of WNY
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ultim...28741153979264
    Ultimate Adventure SportFishing
    https://www.facebook.com/Ultimate-Ad...e-Sportfishing
    31 FT Tiara Open Hard Top
    2012 AmaraCan Walleye Champions
    ProStaffer:
    Bay Rat Lures
    http://www.bayratlures.com/
    Torpedo Divers
    http://torpedodivers.com
    Traxstech
    http://www.traxstech.com
    Kishel's Scents
    http://kishelscents.com
    Grizzly Coolers
    https://www.grizzlycoolers.com/

Post Thanks / Like

good luck fishing and push the fish back this way when your done with them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    I've been hauling a boat from the day that I got the truck. My old boat trailer had surge brakes. This new trailer has surge brakes but it has a solenoid on the trailer so when you back up the brakes don't come on. Initially I found that the wire which would go to the reverse light was never hooked up. I took it to the car dealer to hook it up. Something wasn't correct. The car dealer said that the pigtail that I got from the boat dealer was crossed. I went to the boat dealer and had it checked out. We found that the wrong wires had power going to them. We adjusted the wires to correspond correctly. I tested it last week and it seemed to work properly. Yesterday I went for gas and everything worked. When I was driving to the marina was when I had the meltdown. I found that the red (hot) went from a terminal around the fusebox was never fused. I believe something grounded out. Maybe the plug? The truck frame? Anyways it kept drawing until the insulation melted and the wire broke apart. ??
    . Joe correct. And that wire should have been fused at least with an inline. Where does the red wire go? Your reverse light wire? I believe the reverse wire in the connector should be purple. Red is to supply battery voltage constant and should be fused. Is the entire harness cooked?

Post Thanks / Like

The red wire was a constant hot from the fuse box to the plug below the back bumper. It was never fused. It was like that since I pucked the truck up new. It was never an issue until now. Oh yes the entire harness was melted at the plug and as far up that touched the red wire. It's at the car dealer now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    The red wire was a constant hot from the fuse box to the plug below the back bumper. It was never fused. It was like that since I pucked the truck up new. It was never an issue until now. Oh yes the entire harness was melted at the plug and as far up that touched the red wire. It's at the car dealer now.
    Yeah that red wire was supposed to be fused. Somebody boo booed. Well hopefully it will get straightened out, and they have someone competent working on it.

Post Thanks / Like

SUCCESS! I believe. For now. Picked up the truck yesterday -It was working good. Hooked up the trailer in the yard - everything was working there. Now i've got to test it on the open road. Hopefully everyone gets out this weekend an has a good day.

Post Thanks / Like

Default How far ahead is the lake?

Earlier in the spring, many were saying that the Lake temps were ~3 weeks ahead of "typical". Now that we are coming up on opening day, it seems to me that the gap is decreasing (between present & typical). It this correct? In other words, should we expect the fishing for this weekend to be similar to late May in a typical year, or more like early May?
    Thanks for your thoughts.....
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

I would say from what I have watched as far as water temp. We should be getting a mix of fish. I'm gonna skip Friday night and head out sat evening, I think depending on time, start shallow and work deeper depending on bite. Or vise versa depending on the time I get out