how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Page 429 of 465 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429430431439 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,290 of 4646

I'm head to sp on sat. where is a good starting point go west, straight out, depth any advice would be appreciated
    thx jeff

I will be too. Best guess right now based on what I saw last weekend and reports since then is to go west a few miles and start looking anywhere from 65 to 85 fow. Assuming of course they haven't moved again. If the screen is blank, just keep going further West and deeper if you don't find them. At least that's what has worked for me. I haven't found any giant schools like were there last year, just smaller ones spread around during the few times I have been out. Seems like others on here have had better luck at times, though. Anyone else?

thx for the info nate I was gonna go to dunkrik but there is a tournament it will be crowded
    jeff

Jeff-From sp head West, in front of the state park beach area, start at 68'. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Stiksave View Post
    Jeff-From sp head West, in front of the state park beach area, start at 68'. Good luck!
    I agree. Good advise.
    Current flotation devices:
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

You're welcome Jeff, hope it helps you catch some fish. Thanks also to Stiksave and Captain for their thoughts because I will be out there searching too! With the tournaments a lot of people are tight-lipped, but there are so many fish out there and I really feel more than half the battle is just finding the schools. So I've always appreciated when people have been able to help me out on here as well with location. Otherwise you're just covering a lot of ground and maybe getting one or two here or there.
    Last edited by NateD; 08-25-2017 at 07:43 AM.

Going out a couple times in July off Buffalo I managed to get a few decent walleyes in the box each time, but it was more random luck finding small schools. In August it just seems like there haven't been many consistent large schools or patterns set up off Buffalo. Guys at Sturgeon have consistently said that the fish never really made it up that far, so they are just a bit west. That's where I found them last weekend. But again they were spread out a bit it seemed. Usually you can just head straight out of Sturgeon this time of year and they would be easy to find because all the boats would be there too!😜 The lake is also a bit colder than typical for this time of year, not by too much but it does make you wonder. Fishing always seems better when the lake is at its warmest, like it was back in July, maybe because it concentrates the fish better. Just some random thoughts on my part.

Fished out of Dunkirk yesterday 80-100 fow kept 10 eyes(16-24") & had 4-5 short throw backs. Then fished for lakers caught 14 & 1 steelie in 1.5 hrs had a hard time keeping 2 lines in the water. Was a fun day!

Fished out of the Catt to Dunkirk 2 man box. 85 fow down deep. 300 copper and dipsey on braid set at 3 230 back. Worm harnesses.

Managed finally a 2 man box full of bigger fish out of Dunkirk. Dipsys and 9-10 color in 95-105' ranging our program 50'-75' down. Sticks and harnesses.