how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Page 4 of 465 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    COCODRILLO Guest

Default fishing is good

We got 7 the other day, and 6 today. I threw a blk/prpl stick bait on a down rigger that brought in the biggest one. Then we threw ourselves overboard and took a swim. Stay cool this weekend and hydrated while your out there. Good luck all.

Definitely getting out sat I am not missing being out if the wind cooperates good job guys. Glad I am living thru you all by reading the posts concrete construction is not a fishing friendly living g ha ha

boxed 9 today 53' water past seneca shoals. hit on dipseys and downriggers, watermelon worked well with artificials (berkley power worms 6"). lost first fish at boat and had two other hard hits but was too slow.

Heading out of Sturgeon tomor morning, calling for the dreaded NE wind but hey, gotta go when you can. Seems like the bite is still on.

Default friday july 22

Took nephew out for small mouth and swimming, around 11 we decided to troll for yellows. On the line starting in 58 and going towards buffalo at 2.3 ground 1.8-1.9 water with dipsy 2 setting 130 back willow black and green from Rainbow sports. Black watermelon, was ok. Also got two with green-fire tiger holographic on copper with dipsy on one about 110-120 back. Actually both on turns that slackend copper. these were the largest fish. I go faster then most but use large willow. Slower speeds use smaller blade

Check worms often. the smaller ones hit and don't always release so pay attention to rods and if you have no fish after 15 minutes check your worms.

bottom bouncing is also working at head of river early. I leave that for the smaller boats.

Bill d
    Last edited by wsdimenna; 07-23-2011 at 09:27 PM. Reason: add details

Well got to the harbor and the quick change on fuel line went to hell and no marina open so back in the trailer and home I went. I will buy 2 got spares good luck let me know how the NE blow treats ya ..she looked perfect to troll today to . Tight lines all

Sounds like many are having fun catching some fish. Except for you bailey-tough break. I wanted to get out Sat. but it was blowing too hard for my crew. Had to work today / again. Hopeing to get out Fri. Sat & Sun. Good luck everyone!

Talking NE wind = good fishing for once

Well, I usually stay home on a NE wind but we managed a few fish yesterday. Worked the same area everyone has been out of Sturgeon. Dipsys were slow for us but the board lines were hot. Ran renoskys on jets with weight and a downrigger near the bottom. Got'em both ways into and with the wind. That NE does crazy things to the boat and the lines, tough trying to keep her on course. Boated 10 by noon but nothing over 7lbs.

went out of the small boat harbor on sat.2 foot or less my a@&. 5 and 6 footers.only caught two. went out of the Catt. on Sunday and caught 8 between 3 of us. worked hard for them but actually were of better size.if i were a tournament fisher i would be around Evangola. two over 8 and 6 over 7 lbs. #3 setting on the dipsy 175 back in 60 FOW. every color seem to get a fish but the silver halographic caught a few. a lot nicer day other than having to take my puking wife in so she could go home and lay down.. fishing got good after she left, hmmmmm.

Man sounds like a good day Sunday glad you all caught fish this sat try again can't complain 4 yrs with the boat and first problem only a small inconvenience but big disappointment ha ha tight lines all