how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 370 of 465 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 4646
    Post Thanks / Like

Picked up 3 out of sbh and two sheep. Fished 42' fow straight out of So. gap at the c buoy, 4 colors and harnesses and dipsies with same. Bumpy ride 4 till 8:30.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lineman49 View Post
    Same here got 4 on the fence. Captain, how was the ride back SP. bumpy for sure.
    Yeah a little bumpy. Had to find the right speed, the right trim on the trim tabs, the right trim on the motor. Then everything was good. UNTIL the wave pattern changed. Then plop you felt that one right through your spine. Then start all over with the trim tabs, etc. But it is what it is. You have to go a comfortable speed for the conditions and your body. If you have to go 10 miles and can only go 9, 10, 11 mph it just takes you longer.
    Current flotation devices:
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

Post Thanks / Like

Well Friday was a little less rough out there wave wise for sure. A lot less wind, and a LOT more bugs. They were in your ears, nose, eyes, hair, arms etc.
    Well fishing was OK we ended up with 7 in the box. We lost one off the stringer. Yes, off the stringer, when we were bleeding him. Who knows how or why. ???And the big story of the day - we hooked a good one. Brought it to the boat. Went to net it. The net got stuck on one of the pop up cleats. The fish was touching the boat on the transom in the backwash of the boat itself, just floating there. The harness flew out of the fishes mouth. The net was still stuck. Fish gone. just as the net was unstuck. All pop up cleats were then checked and put to their down position. Too late. We were on the line west of Pt. Abino. But as a good captain I take all responsibility for my crew and their actions. ALTHOUGH I did not put the fish on the stringer or was the one with the net.
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    Well Friday was a little less rough out there wave wise for sure. A lot less wind, and a LOT more bugs. They were in your ears, nose, eyes, hair, arms etc.
    Well fishing was OK we ended up with 7 in the box. We lost one off the stringer. Yes, off the stringer, when we were bleeding him. Who knows how or why. ???And the big story of the day - we hooked a good one. Brought it to the boat. Went to net it. The net got stuck on one of the pop up cleats. The fish was touching the boat on the transom in the backwash of the boat itself, just floating there. The harness flew out of the fishes mouth. The net was still stuck. Fish gone. just as the net was unstuck. All pop up cleats were then checked and put to their down position. Too late. We were on the line west of Pt. Abino. But as a good captain I take all responsibility for my crew and their actions. ALTHOUGH I did not put the fish on the stringer or was the one with the net.
    PS do leader touches count like on TV?
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

Post Thanks / Like

fish has to be in the boat if it jumps out of the boat it stills count lol
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen the net caper more than I want to admit to. Friday, not one miscue, great.

Post Thanks / Like

I went out if Dunkirk today. Managed 3 walleye and about a dozen silver bass. We were in several spots outside the harbor and near the fence. Sometimes we saw a good screen. Then poof their gone. ??? Not as many hits as we thought we should get. ????
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

Post Thanks / Like

Fished out of Buffalo between 4pm and 8:15 marked several only caught 2....but they were nice...A 26in and a 31in (pictured) in 38 to 40 fow just west of Waverly shoal.

Both were caught on the same homemade worm harness made with a #5 Colorado silver streak UV "Purple Boxer"

This is the 3rd fish (not pictured) I caught with this blade since I received it last week I caught a 24in walleye Friday morning in deeper water with it. how is fishing in buffalo-31in-walleye-07262015-jpg
    Last edited by Wackyracer; 07-26-2015 at 09:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Out today, Monday, 10 until 2pm. Got two, lost one, and two sheep.3 and 4 color lead with worm harnesses around c buoy 40 fow.

Post Thanks / Like

I have yet to loose a fish since using these Gamakatsu #6 Round Bend Bronze Treble Hooks along with a Gamakatsu #2 red Octopus hook... setup like Capt. Ross Robertson does them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmVU06nSHf8 and techniques Ross showed me like...don't pump the rod, keep the tip high, do not go side to side with the pole and reel in slow and steady...the fish is already hooked you just need to reel it in and net it!
    Last edited by Wackyracer; 07-27-2015 at 04:11 PM.