how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Page 357 of 465 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367407457 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 4646

We have used k100 for years with no problems or ill effects . Alcohol runs cooler than gasoline and diesel. That's why alcohol fueled drag cars use it, so they can run higher compression. High octane gasoline is actually slower burning and burns colder than low octane gas. Diesels already run high compression. And run on compression for ignition unlike a gas engine that uses spark for ignition. I suspect your friend had other issues going on with his tractor or he was pouring gallons of the stuff in his tank instead of draining the tank of contaminated fuel like he should have. I'm guessing since you say the engine seized that he diluted the fuel so much, (especially with this crap we have to run now ) that he had no lubrication and locked it up. If it would have ran hot like putting gasoline in a diesel, it would have caused extremely high unstable cylinder pressures and shattered pistons or thrown rods through the block. In winter when they blend diesel so it doesn't gel up, it burns colder than straight number 2. Us diesel drivers dread the day they switch fuel at the pumps because we lose power and fuel milage.

Went out of SP yesterday afternoon for 4 hours. Fished 28 to 40 fow, just 2 silver bass and a sun burn. The boat jockeys are the same here. I'm po'd about the trip, trying to back the trailer down to retrieve my boat, first a hells angel with a bimbo on the back scoots behind me then I look at my left door handle and I have the grill of the dork that just launched. I just pulled back up and let everyone else get the F out of my way. Anyways, the dogs got me up with the storms at 3:45 am,5:30 I'm reinstalling my boat cover after the storm, anyone getting eyes?
    Last edited by Stiksave; 06-23-2015 at 05:38 AM.

We went out of SP yesterday 6:30 am looking for perch. Went north to shipping channel - nothing, moved closer in - nothing, went outside of Evangola - nothing, went out deeper- not much, made another move - nothing. We ended up with 4 perch - 3 throwbacks and one 10 3/8" . The captain of the boat is a "Fish Whisperer" he can smell fish a mile away ( usually ). The winds Sunday have scattered them again. It was a unique day. Started out calm and hazy. Then around 12:30 we got engulfed with fog. Visibility was around 50 ft at times. I never expected that ( fog ) at that time of day. ???? The "Fish Whisperer " turned into a "Navigation Whisperer" and we got back to harbor at 2:30. On land it was sunny and hot and clear. ????
    Current flotation devices:
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    We went out of SP yesterday 6:30 am looking for perch. Went north to shipping channel - nothing, moved closer in - nothing, went outside of Evangola - nothing, went out deeper- not much, made another move - nothing. We ended up with 4 perch - 3 throwbacks and one 10 3/8" . The captain of the boat is a "Fish Whisperer" he can smell fish a mile away ( usually ). The winds Sunday have scattered them again. It was a unique day. Started out calm and hazy. Then around 12:30 we got engulfed with fog. Visibility was around 50 ft at times. I never expected that ( fog ) at that time of day. ???? The "Fish Whisperer " turned into a "Navigation Whisperer" and we got back to harbor at 2:30. On land it was sunny and hot and clear. ????
    Heard the Fish Whisperer caught all the fish and won the $12 in side bets.

It sounds like the fishing has been tough. I am looking forward to a week off next week and some quality time on the boat. I wondered how guys are doing on walleye from Dunkirk or the Catt? Any intel would be much appreciated. Last time I trolled there was alot of debris in the lake.

Out of Buffalo has been producing fish. As well as Catt to Dunkirk.

I wouldn't waste your time out of Buffalo, there hasn't been enough activity there to spend a day wasting fuel. There has been a pretty good bite going on around Dunkirk in 50-60 foot depths. Yesterday we ran down to almost Dunkirk harbor from the Catt and trolled all the way back to the catt. We picked up 4 and dropped 2. There has been word of double diget catches some days from center rd to dunkirk. We did pick fish yesterday from Purina to the catt , we stayed in 60 foot all morning. There was no consistency though we caught fish on 10, 5, and 3 color, musky (8oz) torpedo diver 50 out 60 down (put us at about 45 foot of water) and they came on long shallow bay rats in the purple wish color and on harnesses.
    Last edited by fishkiller16; 06-25-2015 at 06:23 AM.
    Ultimate Outdoors of WNY
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ultim...28741153979264
    Ultimate Adventure SportFishing
    https://www.facebook.com/Ultimate-Ad...e-Sportfishing
    31 FT Tiara Open Hard Top
    2012 AmaraCan Walleye Champions
    ProStaffer:
    Bay Rat Lures
    http://www.bayratlures.com/
    Torpedo Divers
    http://torpedodivers.com
    Traxstech
    http://www.traxstech.com
    Kishel's Scents
    http://kishelscents.com
    Grizzly Coolers
    https://www.grizzlycoolers.com/

Thanks for the report Fishkiller, we will be out there Fri. AM & give it a try. Will give report after.

Guys,

I've been floundering around trying to work out the kinks to catch eyes for now my third season. I have been getting steadily better (thanks to you guys) and have managed to catch some fish more often than not. Honestly, I've been able to get fish on clear, black, or wonderbread dipsys when they are deep, metallic green or black jets when they are suspended. I usually only get 1-3 fish per outing... so I'm having fun but still haven't figured out how to put numbers in the box yet. I have played around with lead core too, with poor success. I keep hearing about folks doing well with this technique but could use some help. I usually run 4 to 6 lines with four boards and two off the back of the boat. How would I know when to switch from devices to lead core? Should I stick to dipseys and jets when its rough or they are aggressive and shift to lead core when they are shy or the lake is calmer? I'm trying to graduate from googan to fisherman. Any help is appreciated.

My spread lately usually consists of 2 leadcores (4 color and 5 color), a mini dipsy or jet diver (started to get annoyed with dipsy as they never seem to run right for me, they are set correctly as I have done a ton of research on it), and 2 downriggers (one with Depth raider probe), then sometimes another jet or dipsy if I feel like testing the tangle gods. My best setup so far has been the 4 color Lead core with a worm harness.
    We were out of Dunkirk last Saturday and had 5 in the box till the weather turned on us, we found a spot that everytime we passed through we got a fish or two. Seems like for me that is how I have gotten the most fish they just stack up on one spot. I have been pulling rods to make the quick turn when I find a pocket of fish just to keep going back through them and it seems to be paying off this year. The probe has definitely helped as the GPS at ground shows anywhere from 0.5-2 mph difference, mostly faster on the GPS than the probe.