how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Page 31 of 465 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Is that all on that positive ion stuff capt? I am not sure if it works or not it all sounds good. I would like to see proof that's not advertising. You should buy it put it on new boat and test it for all of us. LOL. Ill be in lockport about 8 am I think tomorrow.

fishon51 - I take it that you do not believe in it? A few years ago I was on a Charter in the Gulf off of Sarasota Fla. The captain said that we were over fish and we started catching them. He kept fiddling with something. This was before I even heard of a Black Box. I asked what it was and he just gave me some kind of off the wall answer. It could have been one. ?? Yeah I know that was salt water and this is Lake Erie but anything is possible. I hope the guy that you know has some input on this site to help us.

i never heard of the black box so i went and read about it i would have to see it to believe it maybe it better for deeper water the boat show was cool the boats dont change that much just the prices lol

Not sure if you still need info on this, I have not been online for a while and just saw this post. Back when I was deciding on a chip to buy I labored over the same problem, which chip to get. I was unsure whether to buy the gold or the hotmaps. I ended up getting the hotmaps premium and am very happy with it, the eastern basin does have high definition so you can see a lot. I did contact navionics about the chips and here is his reply, I'm pretty sure my chip shows a us/canada line on it.

Thank you for your inquiry. The HotMaps Premium East provides the U.S. Lake Erie coverage that you see listed in the OH listing. It also provides all of the lakes in the listing. The Gold marine charts are marine charts are for coastal waters and Great Lakes. While the marine charts are designed primarily for navigation, the HotMaps are designed as fishing maps. I have attached screen shots of Lake Erie from both types of charts. The 1XG is the US Gold marine chart, with an M.S.R.P. of $199.00. The PREM-E6 is the HotMaps Premium, with an M.S.R.P. of $149.00. If you need both Canadian & US coverage from the Gold, that chart (2XG) has an M.S.R.P. of $249.00. I hope that you find them helpful.
    You do not indicate which GPS plotter that you are using. The plotter and chart must be compatible. There is information available about GPS plotter compatibility on our website, http://www.navionics.com/Default.asp, at the following link: http://www.navionics.com/LakeCompati..._HMPremium.asp.
    If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    I contacted Lowrance and asked them the question about the US / Canada boarder vanishing when I zoom in. They stated "Since you are not going to be using this HDS-5 in any Salt Water or Ocean
    waters, then you would want to purchase either the Hot Maps Premium or Hot Maps
    Platinum. The Premium will provide a detailed 2D map and the Platinum will
    provide the 2D plus a 3D map as well"
    Is anyone using any of these maps? What do you think? Are you satisfied with them?

Fishon51- The only thing that i heard was the last time the lake didn't freeze the fishing was not good that year. I hope that information is incorrect.

It was goodto meet up with captjoe and fishkiller today definitely have to get together when not in crowded time consuming place. We did get a few new blades at flea market today. Jim I must say as far as prostaff people go your for sure good for the torpedo co. You take the time and even willing to product users on the water. Nice to see.

Well that was the first time I went to a LOTSA flea market. It was interesting. It was great to see Fishkiller and Bailey there. There was much informtion passed along to each other and many different types of equipment to consider. Jim you had to be beat by the end of the day. You are probably question and answered out. You will have some time to rest up until the next show.
    WNYGUY - I was hopeing to see a both from Lowrance there and ask questions about the maping options. But there was no one there. When I look at a WEST Marine catalog ther are HotMaps Premium, HotMaps Platium, Navionics Platinum+, Navionics Gold. I guess that I have a problem distinguishing the characteristics of each and what options each have to offer. Maybe there will be a booth at the Hamburg Shoe to ask thers questions and actually see the difference of each.

yyou will be question and answered out for a while.

capt i aiways seen a lorwance guy at the hamburg show and he had some units set up to look at

I am thinking sat next week i will be in hamburg for show. But maybe try to fish if long range forecast is right. Think it will be early spring snd that is ok by me except it messes with the hunting.

Default When do the dock go in?

The SBH lists an opening date of 5/15, but they often put the docks in a little earlier if the weather is good. Do the docks at Sturgeon go in earlier (typically)? What launch facility near Buffalo opens first?

Thanks for the info. Fishon51.
    Alaskan Joe - Sturgeon Pt. also has a listing of opening up on 5/15. Although last year they postponed it for a while. I believe it was due to them dredging the harbor. Who knows this year.?? I believe that Erie Basin Marina opens 5/1. That's the first one that I know of. There is also one public launch at the foot of Ontario St. in Buffalo. It's on the Niagra River - that's open all year as far as I know. It's unattended and that the only downside. It's close to Strawberry Island (musky) and the channel (perch)