how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 193 of 465 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 4646
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of the poeple that are out there, are rookies when it comes to this open water trolling for walleyes. They have no clue that regulars have long leads behind there boat. And need the room to fish and not get tangled. That's why I always stay outside of the pack. Its not worth dealing with all the bs that happens within the pack!!!!
    glowgetter

23 foot trophy

Post Thanks / Like

The rules if the road are the rules if the road. We all must adhere to them. The rules work. The last rule states that YOU MUST AVOID all collisions at sea even if you must break the rules to do so. The Prodential Rule. If you have an accident / collision each party is wrong. It would be up to a board to decide the % of liability by each party. Who would want that hassle?
    It is amazing what goes on and you hear on the radio.
    Everyone be safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Let us all not forget we were all the new guy at one time. Instead of complaining help them out be it with fishing or boating educate. There are enough fish for all and at times even you will get in someones way be it during a turn or staying on your line. Your line could be there line also it's a game of give and take.
    22' starcraft islander "H"EYE STRUNG

Staff Fishing WNY
    Team member Descendants outdoors TV
    Prostaff Elusion camo .
    Prostaff ITO Flies
    Prostaff Ultimate Outdoors of WNY.
    Field Staff Kishels Scents and Lures .

Post Thanks / Like

Try the St Lawrence on the weekend if you would like to witness first hand Nautical Nitwits. Some poor unseasoned soles like to cut off Lakers and Salties. Ahh there is something majestic about hearing those five short horn blast from a large vessel.

I was out Sunday and witnessed some bonehead acts from what appeared to be overexcited anglers(not a bad thing until excitement overcomes safety). I am happy everyone is catching fish and I am not to bothered with people from all over coming here and feeding our economy. Don't get me wrong I like to keep a few secret spots. Just my opinion I believe their should be a mandatory safe boating course. I'm surprised NYS has not jumped on that.

Anyway I hope to see you all out there safely!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Let us all not forget we were all the new guy at one time. Instead of complaining help them out be it with fishing or boating educate. There are enough fish for all and at times even you will get in someones way be it during a turn or staying on your line. Your line could be there line also it's a game of give and take.
    Well said Sir!

Post Thanks / Like

With this type of combat fishing, it's almost getting to the point where we break out the salmon gear for Lake E. 8-15# mono will always lose agains 50# PP, wire and heavy coppers. (only regarding those that decide to go NS when majority is going EW). The sh*t show that is Oak Orchard and Olcott the next month or so is a little more organized. Larger boats, little more $$ involved and USUALLY, and I stress, USUALLY more common sense due to the lack of pleasure boaters and a people being more aware.

Personally, if I see a rod sticking with a little bend, I'm going to assume it's AT LEAST a 300 copper, and give him as much room as I can. I've put a rod in the back of my boat to imitate I have a long line out in hopes people notice and give me more room.

In the meantime, all we can do is be defensive to the uneducated and ignorant people out there and do what we can to teach them. But remember, you can't fix stupid.

We nets boys....

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the info and entertainment boys.....And thank you to Bailey for referring me to this forum. I just bought my first brand new boat, it's finally something that has replaced the tubs I've had over the years that couldn't handle Erie on a GOOD day! So with that I do my best to respect others space and spreads, but I found with the traffic out there it's pretty tough not to come close to other boats at some point or another, I'm not talking about cutting across someones back end or making guys alter their coarse but just passing by on a troll while being well within talking distance..I was out there this past Sunday morning and found this to be almost unavoidable if I wanted to fish the school...I don't think I pi$$ed anyone off, seeing as everyone I was near exchanged pleasantries while passing by, however there was a few bung holes that had I not kept an eye on them I would have had a head-on with them due to them not paying attention.........I HATE fishing in groups!! On ice, on small lakes and large, but I'm starting to gather that based on Erie Eye movements that's just how it usually plays out....Again thanks Bailey for directing me over here, and if and when I have anything good to share I will do just that.
    Last edited by ICEADDICT; 07-24-2013 at 04:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    you couldn't said it any better

Post Thanks / Like

Gutpile, I took the girlfriend to lake of the isles for the fourth week. It was insane. Almost got t boned at night. I had the right of way. The guy following me cause I had GPS almost ended up rear ending me. Tried trolling during the day and I swear people went out of their way to come way over to where I was and buzz me. One @$$hole i thought was gonna swamp us. Pulled up next to us and did a hole shot right next to us. Never again will I go anywhere near A. Bay. Took a ride to my grandparents on Canadian side Wolfe island. All quiet, saw one boat fishing in the bay. No idiots anywhere. Go figure.

Now when I'm out fishing and I see someone fighting a fish. I give as much room as I can. It's hard to fight a fish and steer. I struggle sometimes. Lol should have seen us with a double. I was using the net handle to steer from the back of the boat most of the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sleepy

I also was out trolling amongst the group and was almost t-boned by a boater who I assume was either sleeping or getting some hooch on the floor of his boat. After numerous horn blowing and screaming he finally stuck his head up and quickly turned away. Never saw anything like this before. Kept away from the pack the rest of the day.