how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Page 19 of 465 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Half pole nice to know we have someone on that end of the pond I would love to give it a try one day. Heard lots of good things about that area. I am new to giving the eyes my all but loving it. Head east when you can it is great when its happening here
    Last edited by bailey; 01-05-2012 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Half pole nice to know we have someone on that end of the pond I would love to give it a try one day. Heard lots of good things about that area. I am new to giving the eyes my all but loving it. Head east when you can it is great when its happening here
    Bailey the spring fishing around the reefs and islands in the western basin is like nothing you will ever experiance untill you go down there I strongly advise trying it sooner than later.

You are perking my interest up. Fishkiller do you trailer down to that end or get a charter?

Breaker breaker rubber ducky could I see a possible convoy of boats trailered for Ohio cause if its that good I could see me headed west in the spring.

We trailer down the first week of May and stay on South Bass Island (Put in Bay) for the week. Last year was absolute ****, the weather didnt cooperate, the fish didnt cooperate because of the weather, water conditions, and temps we had around 20 guys with us we got 14 walleyes. 2 yrs with 16 guys we ended up with 240 walleyes!! This will be our 6th year going, its an affordable trip with a few guys and loads of fun.

Is the first week usually the best? Is it shallow water trolling jigging or casting? Is it combat fishing like Ontario in the fall. I am interested in going for sure just need to know how to plan the trip are rooms hard to come by also

Bailey, Thats just the time when we have always gone we have been doing this trip for 20 yrs the first 14 yrs at chautauqua lake untill the walleye fishing fell in the crapper, and the last 6 yrs on put in bay. probably the best time would be the first 2 weeks of april for the jig bite on the reefs they fish between 5ft and 20ft on the reefs. when we go thats when the trolling starts to kick in we fish 30-35 ft of water we troll deep diver reef runners between 80-150 back on the boards and troll harness on 2-4oz torpedos, snap wieghts, inlines wieghts, or 2-4oz bottom bouncers, and 3-7 colors of lead. the fish will be stacked through the water column from the bottom up to about 10ft, its just a matter of finding the deapth and colors they want. the lodging is no problem on the island at least. im sure they mainland wouldnt be a problem either (but its more fun on the island) and your closer to the fish.

I am more about the troll and trying to get my buddy to go but sure my brother and father would go just so I have headaches lol. Ill start a thread on experiences had on the water ha ha sure we have all had good ones to forget. The island would be doable does anyone mess with gear on the boats when your there?

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    I am more about the troll and trying to get my buddy to go but sure my brother and father would go just so I have headaches lol. Ill start a thread on experiences had on the water ha ha sure we have all had good ones to forget. The island would be doable does anyone mess with gear on the boats when your there?
    not yet so far, check your pm I sent you a message

FYI - The Cleveland Mid-America Boat Show @ the I X Center is from Jan 13 - 22. I've gone there in the past. Although not as big as in the past has much information (booths) about fishing in the Ohio / Lake Erie area.