how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 17 of 465 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

yes the kicker swings down on both boats i have a yamaha 9.9 on the 19 ft, and a 9.9 honda xtra long shaft on my 27 ft baha both are on a garlock spring loaded bracket i want to replace the honda eventually on the big boat with a honda 15 hp xtra long shaft the boat is 7000 lbs with an enclosed hard top and the 9.9 is a touch underpowered going into the wind. look at the tohotsu 9.8hp a friend just bought one for $2300.00 with electric start brand new.

Post Thanks / Like

I drove by the Small Boat Harbor yesterday and saw that the last launch ramp has been taken out of the water. Another sign that the season has ended. I know of one ramp that stays open, depending on the debris and ice. that's at the foot of Ontario Street. I never launched there but it looks pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard that the ice boom was scheduled to go in today.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I saw those tohatsu motors right away, seem to be pretty decent. I'm going to take my time on this one for now. Sure would be nice to fish for perch late like this though. This coming summer I'm going to work out a system of launching my boat with no dock, I think I have everything I need right now. From my ice fishing days perch fishing was always great right at first ice, so it should be smoking hot out there! Haha next year I'll be all ready and erie will have ice covering it earliest in season in 100 years. My canvas cover is the original, and really looks bad and leaks even worse so I'm going to see what I can do about that this coming year as well.

Here is a link to ny's fisheries report for 2010 if anyone didn't get this, it's pretty interesting.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/fish_mari...shannrpt11.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone check out the new toys on this website? I'm talking about the Trollmaster? I've heard that it works great. My boat dealer highly recomends it. He claims that once you have it you won't go fishing / trolling without it. Any comments?

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldnt be on the water without my troll master get the pro 2 its an awesome tool for the arsenal.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I am considering putting it on the boat. On my old boat I had a trolling motor ( Big foot 15 HP ) that I used for trolling using the standard gear shift / throttle. I had a hard time achieving the proper speed. I had to keep tapping the throttle. This could help eliminate that problem. Another problem that I had was the motor was acting up raising and lowering the RPM's as I was trolling. The dealer pinpointed the problem to the carb. once they cleaned it, changed it, and a the next year cleaned it again and at the end of the season it was acting GOOD. I'm taking that trolling motor off the old boat and installing it on the new one. They blaimed it on the additives in the gasoline gumming it up. Why do I not feel warm and fuzzy about that description. Fishkiller - you have many tricks up you sleeve. Thank you for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys ever look at the "Lakevision" website? I looked at it today at 10:07 and saw that a boat was leaving Sturgeon Pt. harbor. The lake looked like a sheet of glass. Dec. 24 th and boats are still going out.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of tricks Joe, Merry Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

The way this year is going they might be launching into january. If I had my kicker I would think about it as well. I did not know about the lakevision website, good info there.

Also in case anyone interested there is a noco gas station on route 5, just south of ridge road that sells 100% gasoline, no ethanol.

Merry Christmas!