how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Page 161 of 465 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 4646

Quote Originally Posted by lineman49 View Post
    Copo, PM was sent. U get it?
    Pm sent. Sorry. Band practice last night.

Quote Originally Posted by copo427ss View Post
    That thought crossed my mind as well. But I have caught plenty of big cats and they fight especially when you get them off the bottom. Plus its just about spawning season for cats. They should be up in shallower water and creek mouths this time of year. Reason I thought Muskie is because big ones will hit a bait like that trolling and just be dead weight, like they don't even know they're hooked and go along for the ride til they get near the boat. My grandfather once thought he had snagged a railroad tie til he saw it had fins and it saw the boat and was gone. This hit. Then was dead heavy weight. Drag going. Til it got near the boat. 2 powerful head shakes and gone. My big eye I got that morning was pretty much the same. Hit was good weight and didnt start pullin til she was near the boat.
    I was in the area on Saturday, and landed a 20 Lb. cat. Also lost 1 there on Friday. I was counting money, reeling him up. LOL

We had a BIG channel cat on Sunday also. Off Myers in front of 18 mile creek. When we threw it back - ker plunk. You know that sound that you hear when you throw something heavy into deep water. It fought good but it was barely hooked.

We need some good weather!

Default Bottom Bouncers

Anyone have a preference size of leader from the bottom bouncer to the worm harness? Preferred weights?

Thanks

Personally i use anywhere between 3/4 -2 1/2 ounce weight depending on wind, also depending on type of blade and where the walleye are relating to the bottom is the length of my leader anywhere from a ft. to 5ft. I have alot better luck with smaller blades while bouncing.

you may get better advice from some of the other guys though, i have learned a lot from them just reading through old stuff... some good guys on here who know what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by brador7 View Post
    Anyone have a preference size of leader from the bottom bouncer to the worm harness? Preferred weights?

Thanks
    I use 2.5 -3 oz bouncers & a18" - 4' leader mostly single blades with a 4 -5 size colrado blades. & troll .8 -1.5 mph & stay in contact with the bottom.

Well it's sounding like had a big cat on then. What depth were you guys getting cats at?

We picked up the cat between Myers and 18 mile creek. More towards the creek mouth. In about 34 ft of water. The water was dirty. Just what the cats like. Although we did pick up a few walleye in the same location and depth. ??

I caught a big cat last year I thought it was snag I weighed it 20lbs what a fight

Out on the water now - Dunkirk. Very foggy. Just started.