how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 16 of 465 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe, I figured you would like it there I send a lot of people there to get torpedo divers. She has a lot of stuff there, I love going there in the spring it gets me in the mood to start getting the equiptment ready.

Post Thanks / Like

Jim, that was a good call the place is interesting. The prices there were actually less expensive than the Torpedo Diver website. The only problem is the drive out there, the time & gas that you use. I guess that when you go there you have to know your prices and plan on spending money. I would rather support a local independent that a big chain store.

Post Thanks / Like

For any who are interested, the docks at sturgeon have been pulled. With the winds as calm as they are I tried to sneak out and do some perch fishing for a couple of hours today, wrong! Oh well next april then. I called the town of evans and she said they had just pulled the docks this morning! What's that heehaw song about bad luck haha. Merry Christmas people.

Post Thanks / Like

That is just another way to saying Good Bye to this year. It's sad. I took a ride by the Small Boat Harbor last Sunday and they had one dock in. I tried responding on my Droid today and everytime i started typing it took me to the boat section. ?? Any reason why? I've posted before form my Droid and it worked fine. WNYGUY are you from the southtowns?

Post Thanks / Like

Joe my Droid X does the same thing once and a while also, I dont know why. It happened afew times this summer when trying to post from the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Jim - my droid just started doing it. I asked my son, he works for Verison, sells the phones. He stated that the web site has to start with a M. Meaning Mobile Web Site to post from your phone. If that makes sence? Maybe something happened when they revised this website?? I know mine worked great before. As a matter of fact when typing now - if I want to go and insert a word or make a change in something - it won't let me insert the curser. You have to backspace to where you want to insert / change something. Technology is almost as unpredictable as the WALLEYE!

Post Thanks / Like

No ****, I agree, but the walleye may be a little more predictable...hehe

Post Thanks / Like

I live just outside of east aurora, sounds kind of far away but much to my surprise is only a 35 minute drive to the small boat harbor launch. This was my first year on erie for the most part, and really my first year of using my recently aquired old boat so it was quite the education for me, I guess you can teach an older dog new tricks... I don't know why but that lake just calls to me, must have some pirates in the family line somewhere haha. I am done for the year, the engine is fogged, very sad. But, I may sneak out on the breakwall and cast for walleyes we'll see. I am seriously considering getting a kicker motor, for trolling but also for backup use, especially for late season fishing. It won't look pretty but my old boat (86) already isn't pretty so what's the difference! Engine sure ran good though this year no blips at all. btw I have to use the arrows keys myself when changing text, sometimes it's like 1985 all over again.

Post Thanks / Like

Wnyguy I have a kicker on my "old" small boat (1981 19' sylvan) and it looks good. I have put thousands of walleye in that ol sylvan over the years from Chautauqua Lk, Silver Lk, and Lk Erie from Buffalo to Port Clinton Oh. So dont count out the old boats, the first tool you will need is a trolling motor 8 hp or a 9.9 and go 4 stroke if possible. and next is just as crucial is good electronics (gps & fishfinder). After that is a good group like us....lol if you need any pointers or wanna jump in with me one day just ask. , Jim

Post Thanks / Like

I used to go fishing quite a bit when I was younger, and for a while fished a week up in canada for walleyes each summer so I kind of know what I'm doing, but I discovered that erie is a different kind of animal. You just don't stop anywhere and throw a bobber and worm out to catch sunfish...
    I have been eyeing up the 9.8/9.9 4 stroke engines, still need to decide to buy a used one, or just go brand new. Lots of money to spend though, but also it would be an engine that would last a long time and my son could probably get use out of it down the road as well. This spring I put a humminbird 788ci unit on it, and I bought the navionics hotmaps chip which really worked out well. Santa hopefully is bringing me a better marine radio with antenna also. I have to say this is the most expensive free thing (boat) I ever got in my life haha. It never stops does it. Oh well we all have our vices, might as well be something that puts a delicious meal on the table. Thanks a lot for the offer to fish, I just might take you up on that. Does your kicker swing down to use?