how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Page 15 of 465 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Yes that 55foot hole is where we ended up as our last spot and catching fish, when I got back in the evening I started looking at my charts closer and checking out depths etc. I appreciate everyones comments and helpful tips. Personally I like to get away from the crowds, but with it being late in the year it might be safer to be around some other boats.

Are people marking perch on their fish finders? I can't tell yet if the fish are hugging bottom, or I need to adjust my sensitivity. Or when a school of perch is sitting on the botttom the best fish finder is your fishing pole going tap tap tap LOL

Boy those perch are good eating!

I went in the basement and got my HSD 5 out and tried to find a 55 foot hole. I have a set of power cords thst allow me to run it off a 12 V source off a battery / car etc. I could not find a hole of 55 ft? Fishkiller, what graph do you run? I was playing with it and switching between screens and then decided to turn it off. It wouldn't turn off?? I pulled the power cord and it went off. I rebooted it and it went to the same screen - it wouldn't let me do anything?? I said good night to it. Today I started it and it seemed to work OK. I couldn't get a GPS fix but that may have been to my location. Electronics - when they work they work GOOD. When they don't they drive you CRAZY.

Joe I have a lcx 27c, it will not show anywhere on the contour lines any spot that is 55 foot but it is there, its actually a pretty big area. I wil be buying a hd8 or a hd10 for the big boat in the spring.

I have a humminbird, with the navionics hotmaps charts, and don't see the 55 foot hole there either on the charts, but it is there because I measured it with my depth finder while fishing. I think it's fairly large too, if I remember right kind of between that underwater round dome and sturgeon point.

If this lake ever calms down I will be out there again if I can free up some time.

I just tried signing on and looking at the wave height, water temp, etc. at the weathwer buoy on the Canadian side. It looks like they shut it down for the rest of the year. I looked at it earlier today and it was up and working. But now there is no data shown. Just another sign winter is coming.

Fishkiller - what color of Torpedo Diver do you run? I was looking at the website and they offer several colors. Which do you think works best?

I stopped by sturgeon point today on my way home from work today and there are still 2 docks in. The water level seemed really low, low enough that I wonder if it would be tough to get out from the breakwall. I checked the wind today and we had a lot of higher windws from the E/NE at 20 knots, so it must blow the water west? Here are a couple of crappy camera pics:

joe i havent found that one color is better than another they all seemed to work the same my best size was the shark (4oz) ran with an OR16 clip 35-50 from the harness.

Fishkiller - do you sell them? I remember that in a previous post I believe you said that you were a Pro Staffer. I'm getting my Christmas List together and droping hints.

No Joe I do not call Gerri at Bills Hooks and ask her if she has any in stock if not get back to me and ill tell you how to get in touch with the owner of Torpedo, his name is Matthew.

Jim, I stopped at Bills Hooks on Sunday and picked up two sharks and 2 OR 16 clips. That was the first time I was there. It's a small store but it has a lot of good supplies. I'll be going back there.